admin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguin

Dec 31, 1969
i have picked up playing sven since xfire has been crashing CSS lately
i like your servers and its now the only one i play on because i dont have to download so much stuff
lately some admins have been changing the maps for no reason at all. it seems if they dont like it they change it. one time one admin came in and changed it to OMG and left. 3 of us had to sit 6 minute before an rtv. i also believe their giving them selfs weapons but it could just be from the map and i dont know it
i have no say in how you admin or run your servers but as a regular i would just like to voice my opinion

my CSS clan (gaming community) runs a very successful d2 server where a lot of cal and cevo players go and two popular gun game servers. we dont give admin out till people have shown they deserve it and it takes months. if we abuse,we get it revoked.

thats how we run but iam not telling you to be like us
i like your servers and i try to watch my language but i might slip up here and there

if you want to look at my clan heres the website: (LINK REMOVED DO NOT ADVERTISE)
we also rent servers if your interested in CSS or tf2
thanks for reading and happy fragging

ps: i might not come back to check on this post
my xfire is 0rphen6 if you ever need to reach me

Dec 31, 1969
Columbus, Ohio
And so the point of your entire point (Besides Advertising your Clan) is.......

P

penguin

Dec 31, 1969
WillSWC";p="8164 said:
And so the point of your entire point (Besides Advertising your Clan) is.......
hmm advertising would imply giving you prices and telling you we have cal and twl teams
its rude to take imput and advise fom someone in a bad manner and contact them just to show them what you put

Dec 31, 1969
Columbus, Ohio
"ps: i might not come back to check on this post
my xfire is 0rphen6 if you ever need to reach me - penguin"

I only Wished to ensure you could answer my request. Myself, I fail to see the point of this post. It's either an honest attempt to help better the server, An attack on our clan and how the servers are operated or an advertisement for your clan. Now i beg of you not to take this the wrong way, But as I've stated before I'm not flaming you. I simply fail to see the point of your post.

Marthicus

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Seriously, if your not sure about whether the adims are giving themselves weapons or not, dont mention it, especially if you dont know the Sven Coop maps that well.

Secondly, admins have the right to change maps after a while, and OMG is the default level where everyone RTVs for a new map they want. So from what this admin did, he did the right thing. He was going to leave, and instead of leaving you on a map you guys were forced on, he put it on a default map, where you guys can RTv to change it. Its not our fault if it took 6 minutes for you guys to organise yourselves....

And dont advertise your clan... all i could hear out of your post was 'look how we do it, we are much better blah blah 6 minutes.'

Taininfernus

C7 LEADER
Minecraft Builders
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Fairfax, Va
theburgeoningskeptic.blogspot.com
Alrighty, time for the voice of an admin to be heard over the din. To clarify, for those of you reading who haven't quite grasped it: RTV has a minimum time before one can rock, 6 minutes, I believe. So it is a matter of circumstance, not incompetence, which comes into play, here.
Penguin is voicing a concern in a perfectly legitimate way, remarkably politely, given the trend of the Internet forums and the gamers therein. He didn't come on and start making threats, he just felt that there was something that should be addressed, granted there was a bit of advertisement in there. I think that, despite the fact that Coz owns the immortal souls of all who play on his servers, it is our responsibility as admins to make sure that people are having a good time and a fluid gaming experience.
Sven is my little corner of the Cozmicshredder Universe, I hardly spend time on any other server, if for no other reason than the fact that I have no Sourcemod capabilities on my computer. As such, I see much of what goes on there. I have not seen admins abusing their powers in any noticeable aspect. I haven't witnessed them giving themselves weapons (there is an ammo regen power that all players can attain that gives you MP5 nades) and I have tried, upon leaving, to see if there are any last-minute requests from the players, maps and/or grievances.
If you could provide a more thorough example of your grievance, then post it with names and specifics, then we could do more. However, we can't do much with what you've said besides be a tad more vigilant about general douche-baggery within our servers.

Thanks for playing with us. Coz servers are indeed very fun and we strive to keep them douche-bag-free. It is always helpful for people to voice their concerns with us in such a way. Flame wars tend to get started very easily due to stereotyping and lack of patience. It is good to see people that can voice issues with clarity and an air of self-discipline.

Good day,
Tain

BioHazard

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Ishpeming, MI, USA
Yes, please to all players that play on our servers, tell an admin if you have any problems, we would be glad to help. And just so you know if you see a clan member with a [MP] in their name then that means they have admin on some or all of our servers.

Now to the subject of admin abuse. We will never tolerate abuse of any kind. But also don't assume that a slay or a kick means abuse. At times we need to use that command to solve problems. For example: Blocking, small abuse, being an all around ass, being an annoyance, etc.
But like before if you ever see a major problem tell us. Like you did here, just don't be negative about anything. Keep it to a dull roar if you can. And you will get an answer back. This goes for everyone. And I'm not implying that you were negative or abusive at all. You kept it to a strict yet positive enough to get your point across. And also, when you reply people. Think of what you are going to say and what the question/statement is.

I'd also like to add to all our admins not to be too strict yet still keep watch over the servers, with players knowing that you are here to help and keep the game-play smooth. Source servers or not, it matters not. Everyone makes a mistake at times.

But I'm also agreeing with your admin gain/revoke idea. Lately I've not been happy with the way we choose admins. But then again, I'm not one to talk, since I myself am not supposed to have admin. But that's in the past for now. I hope Cozmic considers the idea. I think our clan would benefit from it. Since I think some admins (including me) have been on the lazy side.

That is all.

Dec 31, 1969
Ontario, Canada
We do not abuse administrator powers and if there is any case of it, report it here.

BlueFox

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
locked end of disscussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)