Bad News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karas

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
California, San Diego
Well guys i got some bad news since my video card has been acting up for a few months ?but right now it might be dead or screwing up so i wont be on for a while but right now ill see if my stepdad and my brother can help me out but right now im using my schools computer to post this message

So Sry Guys :cry:

CoZmicShReddeR

Staff member
C7 Commander
Minecraft Builders
Top Poster Of Month
Feb 25, 2003
United States
www.cozworld.com
Profile Music
Steam
Wow, really sorry to hear about that my friend we can always chat on site or messengers!

Are you sure it's the video card and not dust on the CPU heatsync???

If you haven't please try using a can of air blow out the computer make sure the video card is in it's slot snug also make sure you didn't bend the cable to the monitor!

I know a lot of people thought their video cards went bad it was them pushing their towers back against the wall and bending the monitors cable and creating a short!

But hopefully you know for sure!

I build computers as a hobby for me and family and friends and been through loads of questionable scenarios!

Well if it's truly the video card not sure how much money you can squeeze from an onion but I am sure if in your heart you truly love going on line and you keep your grads up and ain't ten million pounds over weight that your parents or relatives won't mind helping you out!

Your Friend CoZmicShReddeR!!

XELX

Steam Users
May 6, 2010
NY
The FAN?????

Karas

Karas

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
California, San Diego
Yea the fan in the video card was broken and i think thats why it got burned. :(

Dec 31, 1969
LA, Calforina
Thats happening to me i got to have mt fan big fan blow in my computer because my fan is not really blowing anything in my computer

Eye4NEye

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Virginia, USA
gamehelix.googlepages.com
Hey Karas,

What kind of card do you have and how old is it? I've found out that most card makers have great customer service, especially when it comes defective parts on their boards. I had an ATI card and the fan went bad and they sent me a brand new fan PLUS the heatsink that went with it. No charge at all. I just simply sent them an email that said my fan had stopped working and they mailed me a new one.

Like Coz, I've been building computers for years and I've found out that a lot of companies will send you free parts (like fans, heat sinks, etc) that go bad. They are less likely to send you a complete replacement, but small parts are usually a go.

Karas";p="4961 said:
Yea the fan in the video card was broken and i think thats why it got burned. :(

Drak

Dec 31, 1969
USA, MI
If it's GPU is still good (AKAK: It's CPU). Just make your own fan, if you think it's over heating.

CoZmicShReddeR

Staff member
C7 Commander
Minecraft Builders
Top Poster Of Month
Feb 25, 2003
United States
www.cozworld.com
Profile Music
Steam
Well you could go buy a replacement fan? But seriously if the GPU stopped working and you didn't over clock it and the fan is totally dead then the safe timer on the GPU is shutting down the card to keep it from melting... So unless it is melted chances are you can buy a replacement GPU fan just have to look for one online or maybe if there is a CompUSA or computer store near you they might have a replacement fan...

Good luck just the same...

Dec 31, 1969
Ontario, Canada
We wish you luck in finding one and your going to be banned from your school computer! 8O

Karas

Karas

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
California, San Diego
i got Nvida Geforce 6600 GTX been had it since last year might get 7800. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)