Black Mesa Source

Dec 31, 1969
Apparently not alot of people post in the Half-life 1 general chat, so i thought i might bring up the subject of Black Mesa Source, alot of the people i've talked to heard of it and like most thought it would be kick ass. So what's your opinion? I for one think it will be an epic, the fact that modders can.....mod source games so easily (and usually be good) makes me start thinking about modding myself. For those who don't know what Black Mesa Source is... click Here.

BioHazard

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Ishpeming, MI, USA
Yeah I've been waiting for this mod for a long time. I know they are not dead, but they need to hurry their asses up. Co-op, Deathmatch, Single Player. It has all that I ever wanted out of the Half-Life franchise and more. Yup, yup, yup Half-Life remade with the Source engine. Should be kick ass.

xXdeathXx
Dec 31, 1969
Yea i've watched their teaser video over 20 times and i can't get enough of it.

xXdeathXx
Dec 31, 1969
[quote="GoatRacer";p="7299":2e6jw2bf]:?:

HumeDog

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Nebraska
the bad thing with mods with a long wait and lack of support is that they can die

xXdeathXx
Dec 31, 1969
HumeDog";p="7304 said:
the bad thing with mods with a long wait and lack of support is that they can die
Yeah your right, and they havent had a news update in months so we can't really tell if their working or just...letting it die.

Barney99

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Long Island, Ny USA
www.moddb.com
Well, the forums are very active. Also, the name of this mod is Black Mesa, not Black mesa source. Valve complained about that so they removed source.

xXdeathXx
Dec 31, 1969
Barney99";p="7311 said:
Well, the forums are very active. Also, the name of this mod is Black Mesa, not Black mesa source. Valve complained about that so they removed source.
Oh, my bad then.

HumeDog

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Nebraska
Well their latest update was the 25th of May which was approx. 4 1/2 months ago, which is a while for a mod which is supposed to be a huge mod. Even though they may not have any major news to report they still could at least post something new for their main page. Just saying..

xXdeathXx
Dec 31, 1969
Yeah you'd think theould have given us some new media or something by now.

xXdeathXx
Dec 31, 1969
Barney99";p="7330 said:
Its their "marketing" plan. Thats what they are saying.
Did they even sell that computer they had up on ebay yet? Last time i checked it was up for a couple thousand dollars.

BioHazard

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Ishpeming, MI, USA
They say making media and sending them out not only causes another known meaning of complaints and "Why does this have that?" or "Wtf? Why isn't this in there?". Plus it takes a lot of time to make fancy media files/movies like those than you think. Yes, they haven't updated in a while, but on the forums it said they are more far behind then they really need to be. And with a small production crew like they have that isn't good. I for one think it would be pretty stupid if the mod is dead and the developers are still on the forums saying "How great this game is!" and making progress reports and what-not.. Unless they are a bunch of dicks or something..

xXdeathXx
Dec 31, 1969
Well from what i've seen in their media they appear to be hard at work. Who knows, maybe their almost finished and are trying to build some kind of suspense and surprise the crap out of us when were thinking it's dead. It's sorta reminds me of NoMoreRoomInHell, they have tons of media and more frequent reports than black mesa, yet their far from done with it.

Dec 31, 1969
Tennessee
i cant WAIT it looks amazing
the graphics look good
and they did a good job remaking the monsters

xXdeathXx
Dec 31, 1969
Ignite";p="7387 said:
i cant WAIT it looks amazing
the graphics look good
and they did a good job remaking the monsters
Yeah the levels look great and the animations are excellent! So the wait will definetly be worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)