ShinobiRAGE

C7 OFFICER
Minecraft Builders
Steam Users
Jan 14, 2007
Los Angeles, California
shinobirage.blogspot.com
PLUS EXPANSION!(later)

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/commandandconquer4/news.html?sid=6213111&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;2

Sad to see the Tiberian Universe is gonna end.

Here are some key points to note:

? ?* Targeted release date is 2010.
? ?* It will introduce new class-based gameplay, mobile bases and persistent player progression throughout all game modes.
? ?* Mike Glosecki hints that this is going to be the last game in the Tiberian series.
? ?* The story takes place in 2062 and humanity is at the brink of extinction; both GDI and Nod fight for the same cause, to stop Tiberium from exinguishing mankind.
? ?* The first trailer is to be released on July 23rd on Spike TV.

Barney99

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Long Island, Ny USA
www.moddb.com
Tiberium may end, but not the C&C series ^^ Although I did like the tiberium games more than Generals and Red Alert.. Anyways, looks like it will be great, I may put my pirate hat away and buy it when it comes out.. Mobile bases sound kinda meh though..

ShinobiRAGE

ShinobiRAGE

C7 OFFICER
Minecraft Builders
Steam Users
Jan 14, 2007
Los Angeles, California
shinobirage.blogspot.com
* The new levelling system does not mean that high-level players will have superunits compared to the low-levellers. The system has been balanced so that the lower levels have already unlocked enough hard counters to allow them to defeat a high-level player.
? ?* C&C4 will include upgrades.
? ?* C&C4 uses the SAGE engine, but "many" enhancements are planned, details of which are to be revealed at a later date.
? ?* EALA have a team dedicated to improving the pathfinding, which was a sore point in Red Alert 3.
? ?* There are a lot of units C&C4, but the Crawler is the closest thing to a Kane's Wrath-style Epic Unit.
? ?* And yes, C&C4 will include base building: "the defence class can indeed lay out a full base, which includes a wide array of different assault and support structures".

Apoc also dropped by to offer some more C&C4 details:

? ?* "C&C 4 has been in development for well over a year already, so, please put to rest any fears this is a 1-year project."
? ?* "As of right now, you need to be online all the time to play C&C 4. This is primarily due to our "player progression" feature so everything can be tracked. C&C 4 is not an MMO in the sense of World of Warcraft, but conceptually it has similar principles for being online all the time."
? ?* "Online all the time won't cause lag for single-player. We've also heavily worked on the online infrastructure such that people with slower connections will not lag other players with faster connections in Multiplayer."
? ?* "...our infrastructure for this game is unlike any we've produced before and I think you will finally see the culmination of a lot of key leanings from past projects in C&C 4, in this respect."

Einhander

C7 LEADER
Minecraft Builders
Steam Users
Jan 3, 2007
PA, US.
www.cozworld.com
it grinds my gear to know I that ill have to have internet to play this. like seriously htf am i supposed to play this if I get deployed?!

ShinobiRAGE

ShinobiRAGE

C7 OFFICER
Minecraft Builders
Steam Users
Jan 14, 2007
Los Angeles, California
shinobirage.blogspot.com
Yea, maybe someone would make some sort of crack. Though EA is trying to make it seem like Battleforge. Also if no one knew, the longest vet ex-westwood employee left EA recently.

Irish

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Alabama
Since Nod and GDI both fighting to stop the spread of Tiberium, does this mean they are on the same side now? And what about the Scrin??

Irish

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Alabama
Looks like he is going to suggest an alliance then prolly backstab the GDI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)