Status
Not open for further replies.

Eye4NEye

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Virginia, USA
gamehelix.googlepages.com
This is just an FYI . I caught a player using cl_forwardspeed, cl_backspeed, and cl_sidespeed tonight. He was running around like lightning and racking up tons of points. I wasn't aware that players had access to these commands, but it's a major exploit.

Dec 31, 1969
USA, MI
cl_* commands are all client side, it's not an exploit.

Eye4NEye

Eye4NEye

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Virginia, USA
Drak";p="6985 said:
cl_* commands are all client side, it's not an exploit.
I realize that Drak, but when it's giving people an unfair advantage, then it's an exploit. I just put it out as an FYI for people to keep an eye out for it, especially the admins.

Dec 31, 1969
USA, MI
Eye4NEye";p="6989 said:
[quote="Drak";p="6985":3peii1a8]cl_* commands are all client side, it's not an exploit.
I realize that Drak, but when it's giving people an unfair advantage, then it's an exploit. I just put it out as an FYI for people to keep an eye out for it, especially the admins.[/quote:3peii1a8]
If your implying that admins should take action against this, that wouldn't be fair.
The server has enough rules, there's no need to block such a thing like this. If anything should be done, it should be blocked via server-side. (Plugins, etc)

Eye4NEye

Eye4NEye

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Virginia, USA
I disagree. I think as admins it's our job to make the environment one that is fun to play in and one that is a level playing field. We wouldn't allow someone to come in with an aimbot, why would we let someone come in and exploit speed commands? Commands that allow that player to accumulate hundreds of point a level and rush through levels so fast that other players barely get to play.

BioHazard

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Ishpeming, MI, USA
I agree with Eye. This is a problem, and we need to solve it. Yes, it is a client side command that anyone can use. BUT. Doing this only benefits for one person, and that's the person using the command. We had too many problems in the past with people rushing to the end of the map. This is almost exsacly what we do NOT want on our server.

Dec 31, 1969
Cumbria, UK.
Steam
You do have a vaild point there Eye.
DARK :twisted:

Dec 31, 1969
USA, MI
CoZmicShReddeR";p="7049 said:
We can actually add plugins that prevent players from modifying certain commands or settings on their end... :p
You can't block cl_ commands.

XELX

Steam Users
May 6, 2010
NY
meh one day everyone will go speeding around then annoying people will say "hey TraIn wIre how are you doing that?"

then people on the server will join for the wrong reasons.

from my point i think we will get alot of people but with speed of quick silver

EL

P.S. Quick Silver is from X-Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)