Essay: C7 and You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
[Sorry, but can't exactly find the right spot to post this, but my examples are more directed toward ZM]

To: C7 Clan

Hi, I recently just joined the forums. But I am very familiar with the C7 clan. I've been playing on C7 and their great servers for little while now. I'm not a big gamer, but on my free time I like to play Zombie Master, Doom 3, or Sven Co-Op on the C7 servers. I go by multiple names on the servers, but I am here to talk about suggestions and compliants on the servers to have the members enjoy it more.

As I've noticed, C7 is a huge clan with a lot of veteran and new-coming members. Their servers are top notch with great modifications and maps for their servers. This is one of the main things I like about C7, in particular, ZM and Sven. However, the focus the admins have on the members in the server can be counter-productive and annoying to enjoying a fun environment. I've noticed, for the sake of the arguement, on Zombie Master being very strict. I appreciate the admins and their loyality to their rules. Although, the majority of the rules should absolutely be backed up at all times (i.e. racism) is great, but there are some that are broken by C7 members and left unpunished. Why should some members be allowed to swear or even exploit methods in the game, while regular members get strictly kicked or banned for it at the start? In my opinion, most of the strict rules are there for members to be kicked or banned for their reasons to be justified by admins. While playing on ZM, most of the users on there share the same opinion one way or another. Often asking, "Why was s/he kicked?"

In short, I am simply saying that some admins are being abusive to their powers (I'm not pointing any fingures) and some rules are there for it to be bait for members to be kicked when it is unnecessary. Bewildered the consequences to these rules, some things hold no harm to other users and some do.

I hate to see these things happen as I see many people get kicked or banned on a daily basis whom are sometimes innocent or unwillingly just didn't know. You can't even have certain names on the server without being kicked sometimes. Your freedom given to you to vote for a new map is suddenly gone when an admin dislikes it. Yet, what happen to the no bashing maps or map maker rule? Obviously, people think otherwise. Exploits that don't harm other people or the surroundings, what harm is being done with this? Is it because some can't do it and you wish you can (read: envious, jealous)? As well, people get kicked for this when nothing is wrong with it. Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking, "It's not meant to be in the game so you shouldn't do it," (ranging from spawning immolators or map environment exploits). Well, if it particular sucks or doesn't cause any damage to the server or people, why bother?

Again, as the consequences get deeper, so does my interest in the server. I really like the material the C7 servers have to offer, but you have little to no freedom on the server. I hate to see me and other users to be left out in the dust due to abusive admin powers or strict and confusing rules. I hope C7 can be a more friendly community than having people hovering over their enter key to submit their ban/kick command on people for certain indulgences. Half the time, they do not know what they are banning for, they just "assume" it is wrong and 99.9% their assumation is wrong and incorrect. Late this week, a player got banned when he was simply innocent when it was some other person who did the wrong-doing. Admins breaking their own rules and banning for clueless instances, I hope things will turn out differently.

Thank you, if you took the time to read what I have to say. I hope C7 can be a better place for members and admins alike without the use of abusing admin powers. Please take this as a suggestion/complaint together, I'd hope there would be a forum for suggestions and complaints like most message boards do, but I'm seeing this may be why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)