Essay: C7 and You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 1969
[Sorry, but can't exactly find the right spot to post this, but my examples are more directed toward ZM]

To: C7 Clan

Hi, I recently just joined the forums. But I am very familiar with the C7 clan. I've been playing on C7 and their great servers for little while now. I'm not a big gamer, but on my free time I like to play Zombie Master, Doom 3, or Sven Co-Op on the C7 servers. I go by multiple names on the servers, but I am here to talk about suggestions and compliants on the servers to have the members enjoy it more.

As I've noticed, C7 is a huge clan with a lot of veteran and new-coming members. Their servers are top notch with great modifications and maps for their servers. This is one of the main things I like about C7, in particular, ZM and Sven. However, the focus the admins have on the members in the server can be counter-productive and annoying to enjoying a fun environment. I've noticed, for the sake of the arguement, on Zombie Master being very strict. I appreciate the admins and their loyality to their rules. Although, the majority of the rules should absolutely be backed up at all times (i.e. racism) is great, but there are some that are broken by C7 members and left unpunished. Why should some members be allowed to swear or even exploit methods in the game, while regular members get strictly kicked or banned for it at the start? In my opinion, most of the strict rules are there for members to be kicked or banned for their reasons to be justified by admins. While playing on ZM, most of the users on there share the same opinion one way or another. Often asking, "Why was s/he kicked?"

In short, I am simply saying that some admins are being abusive to their powers (I'm not pointing any fingures) and some rules are there for it to be bait for members to be kicked when it is unnecessary. Bewildered the consequences to these rules, some things hold no harm to other users and some do.

I hate to see these things happen as I see many people get kicked or banned on a daily basis whom are sometimes innocent or unwillingly just didn't know. You can't even have certain names on the server without being kicked sometimes. Your freedom given to you to vote for a new map is suddenly gone when an admin dislikes it. Yet, what happen to the no bashing maps or map maker rule? Obviously, people think otherwise. Exploits that don't harm other people or the surroundings, what harm is being done with this? Is it because some can't do it and you wish you can (read: envious, jealous)? As well, people get kicked for this when nothing is wrong with it. Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking, "It's not meant to be in the game so you shouldn't do it," (ranging from spawning immolators or map environment exploits). Well, if it particular sucks or doesn't cause any damage to the server or people, why bother?

Again, as the consequences get deeper, so does my interest in the server. I really like the material the C7 servers have to offer, but you have little to no freedom on the server. I hate to see me and other users to be left out in the dust due to abusive admin powers or strict and confusing rules. I hope C7 can be a more friendly community than having people hovering over their enter key to submit their ban/kick command on people for certain indulgences. Half the time, they do not know what they are banning for, they just "assume" it is wrong and 99.9% their assumation is wrong and incorrect. Late this week, a player got banned when he was simply innocent when it was some other person who did the wrong-doing. Admins breaking their own rules and banning for clueless instances, I hope things will turn out differently.

Thank you, if you took the time to read what I have to say. I hope C7 can be a better place for members and admins alike without the use of abusing admin powers. Please take this as a suggestion/complaint together, I'd hope there would be a forum for suggestions and complaints like most message boards do, but I'm seeing this may be why?

Takumi

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Pennsylvania
Yeah I agree cause I see some admins do the stuff you said

BlueFox

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
IF all this took place why wasnt it reported then.

Our Server, Our Rules, don't like it GTFO , because we won't put with someones BS.

People being randomly kicked is usually to make room for a c7 member Also there a certain words we allow damn damn it hell and bastard.

we DO NOT allow any exploitation usage on our server doesn't matter if it is harmless we don't allow it.

WE don't allow racism and that is a permaban no warning.

ALSO when you RTV the map the first time and after 5 mins in the map y'all go this map sucks RTV RTV and y'all change, Map changes in concession rash the server.

If the name violates our rules vulgar racism or symbols we don't allow it simple as and the reason why we hover over our ban and kick commands is because theres always a dumb ass who joins the server and screws up and we take care of him and C7 members who don't get in trouble on the server is usually meaning there getting there ass chewed out on our ventrilo because we rather not publicly humiliate them.

Also FYI Cozmic is constantly watching the server and he watches for abuse and player misbehavior and failing in following our rules. this is not the only abuse claim to have come to us its because most and I'm saying most are used to chaotic, moderatorless, demon servers with out rules and civility.

We do have a Loose Cannon admin but he is on sorta constant observances cause he can get agitated easly but he is rarely on by himself theres always someone watching.

This isn't Sprata, 4chan, 7chan, or any chan for that matter. This is C7 were Civility, social order, and honor are held high, and we will enforce the rules and doctrines laid down by cozmicshredder.

S
Dec 31, 1969
BlueFox";p="5611 said:
IF all this took place why wasnt it reported then.
My examples are true. The reason that I haven't reported these mishaps is because there wasn't usually an admin on at the sametime I was and I don't always screenshot my screen for evidence because I'd mostly be caught up in the gameplay (read: forgetful). However, the best explanation I have that I haven't reported this is due to the fact that I just recently found this site which is why I joined today. But I assure you, I would never make any of this up. And then there is the fact I didn't know where to report anything to in the first place.

BlueFox";p="5611 said:
Our Server, Our Rules, don't like it GTFO , because we won't put with someones BS.
I respect you for this, you are absolutely right. I'm just merely posing as some suggestions and possible conflicts with the admin system.

BlueFox";p="5611 said:
People being randomly kicked is usually to make room for a c7 member Also there a certain words we allow damn damn it hell and bastard.
I see, that concept makes sense. C7's server meant for C7 members, but it just seems unfair to the other members since it is a public server. If it was a private server, I'd understand otherwise cause it'd be password lock.

Thanks for telling me those words by the way, I didn't know that.

BlueFox";p="5611 said:
we DO NOT allow any exploitation usage on our server doesn't matter if it is harmless we don't allow it.
That's understandable. As you said, your server, your rules.

BlueFox";p="5611 said:
ALSO when you RTV the map the first time and after 5 mins in the map y'all go this map sucks RTV RTV and y'all change, Map changes in concession rash the server.
Yes, it happens often. Some C7 people end up in that group that say this map sucks as well. People either like the map or not. But when an admin doesn't like a map, they change it to something else after the RTV clearly decided the majority of the users who liked that map. So sometimes it kind of ends up unfair in the end, but I only saw this a few times. Not often.

BlueFox";p="5611 said:
If the name violates our rules vulgar racism or symbols we don't allow it simple as and the reason why we hover over our ban and kick commands is because theres always a dumb ass who joins the server and screws up and we take care of him and C7 members who don't get in trouble on the server is usually meaning there getting there ass chewed out on our ventrilo because we rather not publicly humiliate them.
That makes sense. Public humiliation is bad. The ventrillo thing is a good idea.

BlueFox";p="5611 said:
Also FYI Cozmic is constantly watching the server and he watches for abuse and player misbehavior and failing in following our rules. this is not the only abuse claim to have come to us its because most and I'm saying most are used to chaotic, moderatorless, demon servers with out rules and civility.
I see often a "Console" person would talk so I am assuming it's Cozmic. But if he is constantly watching the server, then most of the examples I've listed in my first post should've been caught or at least questioned toward that specific C7 member. Then again, you did say Ventrillo.

BlueFox";p="5611 said:
This isn't Sprata, 4chan, 7chan, or any chan for that matter. This is C7 were Civility, social order, and honor are held high, and we will enforce the rules and doctrines laid down by cozmicshredder.
Sounds good.

Thanks for you guys for reading my post in the first place.

CoZmicShReddeR

Staff member
C7 Commander
Minecraft Builders
Top Poster Of Month
Feb 25, 2003
United States
www.cozworld.com
Profile Music
Steam
I am always here to listen we pretty much devote our clan to promote modifications...

We do not intend to harm any mods we hosts and if an admin isn't behaving properly get on instant messenger and tell me I will be swift in deploying my raft apone any admin that treats good honest people harshly otherwise deal with all the bull crap because I only have a handful of dedicated admins and only the admins bearing the MP tag are admins all the other guys are regular clan members but they are supposed to make sure rules are enforced...

Regarding the rules is still a mess on our source servers some admins still enforce the absolute no swear policy and some try to ignore what is said as long as it isn't racists.

I will however reorganize the server rules and then have to restructure all the server rules into one organized group... So please we are new to hosting Source mods and we have been grounded to mainly hosting SvenCoop and we consider our SvenCoop server a family server...

As always I appreciate your thoughts and please feel free to express them here without any due disrespect!

Thank You!

THEDARK1

C7 LEADER
Dec 31, 1969
Cumbria, UK.
Steam
Dont really play zm But plz be awear I have Zero tollance for all people who disregruad the sever rules, This includes MPs.

If this happens again admim abuseing powers ?TAKE HIS, HER name and report them!!!!

If you dont tell us we carnt fix it.

DARK :twisted:

BioHazard

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Ishpeming, MI, USA
Again, as the consequences get deeper, so does my interest in the server. I really like the material the C7 servers have to offer, but you have little to no freedom on the server. I hate to see me and other users to be left out in the dust due to abusive admin powers or strict and confusing rules.
About this.. Most of our rules are pretty strait forward.. At least how I see them. The major ones that the C7 clan enforces at all times (Or should be.) are the following. 1.) Racism.. Make sure it doesn't happen on the forums, servers, or anywhere. 2.) Swearing.. Keep it to a minimum on our servers. As you know their is more than 16+ year olds playing on game servers. 3.) I shouldn't have to say this but NO CONSTANT MAP VOTES. Specifically on the ZM server. Not only is it a beta mod, the server isn't the strongest in the world. Seems to crash a lot from the constant map changing and spamming text. 4.) Don't talk about "OMG Y IZ TEH SERVAR LAGGORING?!" ... Come on. Every server lags from time to time. Deal with it. 5.) Last but no least treat members, admins, and other players with respect... Going against an admin on their server isn't the best idea in the world.

And the reason we have so many rules is because we have dealt with a bunch of people who would go on the server and just cause hell for other people and the server. And I'm sure Cozmic was tired of these people ruining the fun for the people who are actually just playing and not causing any trouble. So he made the admins and rules more strict. And I understand for him doing that. And I don't know about you but our ZM server tends to still have a lot of people on it most of the time. And like how THE.DARK.1 said. If you see any member or admin abusing the rules and/or powers report him/her. We don't need people like that in our clan. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)