Alpha 8.81 features new kill icons, updates to the maps ex_compromised, ex_forge and csm_thunderhawk.
EX mod page and give us your vote
All these maps make for a particularly large patch download this week in-case you were wondering.
The ModDB mirrors unlock at 15:00 GMT, if it's busy or not working the installer can be downloaded from 40ksource.com. Please try the ModDB first.
Install the Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer
- Navigate to the "Tools" section on your Steam games "Library"
- Install the "Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer"
- Run the Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer at least once.
- You can exit once the menu has finished loading.
Install the latest Exterminatus Alpha
- If you already have a copy of the EX alpha, delete it.
- Run the alpha installer and follow it's instructions.
- Restart Steam. You should now see both the Exterminatus Alpha listed in your library.
- Re-lit parts of ex_compromised.
- DontAsk4470 has finished his detail pass of ex_forge and it looks wonderful.
- Expanded csm_thunderhawk and moved the generator SOS objectives.
- Added custom kill icons for the Loyalist Dreadnaught's Powerfist attack.
- Added custom kill icons for the Chaos Plasma weapons.
- Added some new Militarium and Mechanicus themed door textures.
- Added some new advanced materials contributed by DontAsk4470.
- Made several doorways on ex_compromised passable by dreadnuaghts that were previously too small.
- Nerfed the reload speed of the Chaos Missile Launcher to match the loyalist version.
I'm having trouble compiling both forge and thunderhawk, if you have advanced map compiler troubleshooting skills please get in touch, EX needs your help.
Ideally i'd like to ship the Chaos beta with as many Chaos maps as possible, but I don;t think that csm_trench can be polished up to a decent standard in a reasonable amount of time, so i'm thinking of pulling csm_trench from the rotation for the Beta. Similarly Whitelighting doesn't seem to be developing ex_convoy, so it will also be left out of the rotation. How do you feel about it? Should we persist with these maps to try and bring them up to standard or is it better to get the next Beta out sooner?
Depending on the results of tonight's test and your feedback next weekend may see a release candidate for Beta 9.
The plan is still to move on to work on the space marine scout once the CSM weapons are in-game. Then update all the marine chapter packs support the scout and the chapter specific battlecries Bulwark has already recorded. Adding a new playable class will mean that game balance will almost certainly need testing and tuning.
Once those are done I look forward to taking EX out of Beta and making public the version 1.0 release.
64.3 KB Views: 2
95.7 KB Views: 4