Forming a Production crew for making fun videos and such?

Does it sound like a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASH

Dec 31, 1969
San Diego CA
myspace.com
Re: Forming a Production crew for making fun videos and such

Im ttly up for it, Would it use FRAPS? or some other kind of engine?

SytheKnight

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Pensacola, Florida. USA.

I have a registered version of FRAPS as well as experience using source recorder. I also have extensive experience editing videos with windows movie maker and sony Vegas as well, I can PM you some of my work if your interested

TheOnetl
Dec 31, 1969
Corpus Christi,Texas
lupeys.homeserver.com

ah ok, if we do form one we'll need a director,actors, probably the whole 9 yards, maybe including mapers and scene makers if we go that indepth, and what about the name? C7 Productions? does have a nice ring to it lol. but yeah ill do what i can to help with videos, anyone who wants to give it a try and be part of the team just pm me and ill have to see if cozmic would want it named C7 Productions since it will be a clan team thing.

ShutUp9100

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Weston, Wisconsin

hey I can probably write some stuff and direct it if you like.

Dec 31, 1969
Ontario, Canada

Well for Gmod I have some little SWEP that films things so it could really help!

Dec 31, 1969

I've not done too much myself but I can try to offer up some advice.

Start Small
Nothing will help you more than doing a few dry runs. You'd be amazed just how difficult it can be to do a simple 1 minute joke film. Keep it as simple as possible when you first start. Doing this will help you develop the techniques needed to do a real project. What becomes a real issue is doing a second take of a scene. Lets say you do use Zombie Master as was suggested above (and what I worked with recently), you have a guy fighting off 10 zombies. When you are done, you want a second take from another angle. Well you need to reload the map, and get everything ready all over again. Anything custom you did will have to be replicated, barricades set back up, and zombies replaced. It can take 15-20 minutes of set up and organization to do 20 seconds of filming.

Learn About the Engine
No matter what game you are using, learn as much about he game engine as possible, especially the server commands. Source has many many useful server commands that you might have no idea about. As an example host_timescale can be set to speed up or slow down the game. This can be used as an alternative to speeding things up or down using an external video editing program. Also use demo playbacks for recording purposes. demo record the scenes, then play those back, and record off of the replay. This can help keep your computer from chugging along, and Source has numerous demo playback commands that can do quite a few things as well.

Customizing
I'd highly suggest learning about custom content. How to create and implement it. Whether it be player models, objects, or textures, any use of them can add a lot to what you want to do. Also a 100% necessity for doing anything decent is a mapper. You'll need someone to edit things for you if you want more permanence (placed dead bodies always being in the right place, objects piled around that aren't normally there ect., or to alter aspects of the map like time limits, or text displays. Of course having a mapper do a map from scratch would also be good.

Really more than anything else, I suggest what I said in th beginning, start small. You'll learn an immense amount about recording things if you do small self contained projects. They might not be worth even showing off, but they will help you more than anything else really.

TheOneKilla

C7 OFFICER
Minecraft Builders
Dec 31, 1969
Seattle, Washington

yeah as soon as i can get a program to record games (like fraps) then i will work on some videos

TheOnetl

Well all who need fraps just PM me and i can give you a registered version or if you have bittorrent just look up fraps on mininova.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)