Garrysmod Addons Tutorial

TheOneKilla

C7 OFFICER
Minecraft Builders
Dec 31, 1969
Seattle, Washington
I know a lot of people with gmod are getting pretty frustrated with trying to get all of the addons straightened out. So I created this to help you out and hopefully save you a lot of trouble. First of all you need to download an SVN Client like: TortoiseSVN. Install it and make sure to reboot your system.

We will start off with SBMP (Spacebuild Model Pack Alpha)
1) Create a new folder in your "garrysmod/addons" named something like SBMP. It does not matter what you name the folder.

2) Right click on the folder and go to "SVNCheckout"

3) Enter in this for the address:
http://spacebuildmodelpack.googlecode.c ... ackAlpha2/

4) Press OK and watch it download

5) If you find that you have an outdated version and you want to update, just right click the folder and do "SVNUpdate"

For more SVN Links/Addons goto
GMOD SVN Database

Note:
When downloading SVN Links you may sometimes get one that will download into your addons folder and not look like the rest of your addon folders. There is a certain hierarchy that an addon in GMOD must follow.
1.png

One of the SVNLinks on that website does not download correctly inside your addons folder. You have to actually extract it and move it in there correctly yourself. That addon is "Life Support 2" and is one of the essential mods you need to play on our server.

To see the correct name of your addon you can open up the info file yourself, this is useful when checking for addons you might have installed more than once

List of addons you will need:
Wire
Wire Model Pack 1
Life Support 2
Life Support 2 Extended
Life Support 2 Gas Systems
Life Support 2 Petrol Systems
Life Support 2 Resource Transit Systems
Resource Distribution 2
SpaceBuildModelPack
PHX (not on our server... yet)
ULX/ULib

* We try to keep all of our addons updated to the newest version, so as long as you have the SVN version you should be ok.

Barney99

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Long Island, Ny USA
www.moddb.com
Nice tutorial, and that's a nice little database there.

Dec 31, 1969
I understand how to install addons/svn, all i needed to know was what addons the server was using.

It might also help to provide the versions (for wire, LS, or RD2) so were on the right page.

Other than that, excellent guide.

Dekar

Dec 30, 2008
Thanks for posting this. I often find myself confused on where stuff goes sometimes.

TheOneKilla

TheOneKilla

C7 OFFICER
Minecraft Builders
Dec 31, 1969
Seattle, Washington
Oh, CozmicShredder is using SVN too so we are always going to have the newest version.

TheOneKilla

TheOneKilla

C7 OFFICER
Minecraft Builders
Dec 31, 1969
Seattle, Washington
Barney99";p="14698 said:
Right, I guess I better start downloading...
Well the good news is that it shouldn't take TOO long, plus you can start the download and go do something else. SBMP is huge and so is SG-MOD. The rest are pretty small. Download speeds are normally pretty fast too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)