Go easy on 'em Blue Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

elomon

Dec 31, 1969
Just played on the CoZ-World Zombie Master server for the first time today. I've played for weeks on other ZM servers.

I've seen servers where there were no admins at all and seen guys grief the map for hours. Having Blue Fox (or any admin) on is a really good thing. There is a line between administration and beat downs. In the hour or so I played, BF kicked half a dozen people. Some were justified, some were not (IMHO). At least two were kicked from breaking boxes and when BF told them he was going to kick them for doing it, they said they had no idea and were sorry; BF kicked them anyway.

We need to remember we were all new at ZM once and broke stuff to see what was inside. Not sure how kicking people without warnings is helping anyone, especially when they are making honest mistakes. Having the admin curse people out for not knowing how to play ZM doesn't seem useful to anyone. I could understand if breaking boxes as a kickable offense was on the login screen, but it isn't. How would people know if they've never played ZM before? If you come from a HL2 DM background, you wouldn't know anything about ZM or teamplay, for that matter.

Anyway, I didn't get kicked while I was on, so this isn't a "payback" rant. It is just my experince playing on the ZM server. Maybe all of the COZ servers are like this, where the admins kicks people for being new or learning. Maybe this is not normal and the other CoZ servers have admins where people get a chance to learn from mistakes while true griefers are sent packing.

SytheKnight

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Pensacola, Florida. USA.
Ok first off, let me say this; we do not kick people without reason or warning nor do we kick people for being "new", those who were removed from game had been previously warned and have continued to do so on purpose, not because they are new. Second of all we are admins not saints, we can curse within tolerances just like anyone else on the server can.

E

elomon

Dec 31, 1969
"Ok first off, let me say this; we do not kick people without reason or warning nor do we kick people for being "new", those who were removed from game had been previously warned and have continued to do so on purpose, not because they are new."

If that's CoZ's policy, then maybe someone should talk to Blue Fox. He's not operating under that principle.

If you don't believe me or think I'm just whining, join under a non CoZ name and see how he treats you.

Einhander

C7 LEADER
Minecraft Builders
Steam Users
Jan 3, 2007
PA, US.
www.cozworld.com
I have known bluefox for years Elomon, I havent seen blue do this at all, me on the other hand do do those things, just becuase we have people to fill those spots in seconds.

I do like the feed-back but relize it doesn't matter if you know or not its common sense if you lack common sense you also lack the ability to read the rules or the ability to stay out of administrative affairs. Also we have a kick list for those we found greifing sometimes the auto-kicker doesn't get them and when their probationary period is over and they are still griefing we get rid of them again. And the player can always just lie and say they didn't know to get out of the griefing situation so we check the logs.

It literaly takes 2 seconds in this clan to pull up your files on our servers. Remember I'm not saying this to bash you but we are one of the more orginized clans.

Once again I applaud your concern!

Remeber that all clans opperate differently even if you have been an administrator before, Cozmicshredder is super efficent and we also keep logs on all 13 servers and other friendly servers give us there crap list to so theres always about 10,000 players we watch out for. So its better to look out for yourself on our servers because you never have any idea what these other players have done on our other servers or previous to playing with you at that time.

I'm Einhander and I'm evil but I'm always that one guy to tell you how it is wether its nice or horribly realistic. Thankyou for your time! and enjoy your time on our servers!

and please exuse my angry counterparts with their more than rough posts :)

ryua

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Hudson, NH
I dont want to get involved (dont think bf likes me anyway) but there have been several cases of this happening, f/e ask some regular non coz players to the server.

BlueFox

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
I kick as I see fit, I follow the doctrine of CozmicShredder. If said person broke a box because he is new 1 or 2 is fine but when they do it 2 or 3 maps, thats when its a problem. I'm almost always on but on 1/16 of the time being in tags, my rank and permission from CozmicShredder to monitor the servers discreetly from another name was given to me by him. I am a trusted member of this clan and how I admin stretches back far to our old sven-server have only been here a year but my commitment and dedication to this clan allowed me to be respected and trusted with Admin at a vary early rank and lots of responsibility of moderation, admin, and control of content on a server. What I say is heard and taken to note. I'm always able to help CozmicShredder at any moment, I am hard but I'm fair on people in the server. There is no excuse on people not reading rules, or reading up on the game, or playing on the various new player servers out there. Coming into our server treating it like CounterStrike or HL2DM thinking that you can do whatever you want or spray and say what you want is the fastest way to be removed. This is our server, our rules, simply if you don't like it you can leaver on your own accord our by force, our max ban time for all infractions is an hour, except for racism in any format is permanent. We kick AFK's so that slot can be given to people who are there and wanting to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)