Got arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney99

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Long Island, Ny USA
www.moddb.com
Well, today i got arrested (not jail). Me and my friemd were accused of breaking a guys car windshield with a rock while he was driving. Me and my friend were hanging out across the street from my house and all of a sudden we here a guy screaming and cursing at the top of his lungs at us and he is coming at us with a baseball bat. My friend runs into my house, gets my parents outside and then i run in when he gets close. This guy is swinging his bat around and alomst hits my stepdad in the head so he runs into the house, gets a bb pistol amd points it at the guys head. By this time, a neighbor calls the cops and a minute later, 6 cop cars show up. They wip out there guns and tell everyone to get onto the ground. They arrested us and we told them our story and the coppers let us go for now. Hopefully, this doesnt turn into a whole big thing.

ChuRch

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
New York
flounderpounder.proboards82.com
Well the thing is you guys should of never got the bb gun involved. Should of went inside and called the cops on the guy. Then press charges for coming at you and swinging the baseball bat at your stepdad's head. Your friend did something right and you should of followed. I hope everything turns out to be fine.

Good luck pal,
ChuRch

TheOneKilla

C7 OFFICER
Minecraft Builders
Dec 31, 1969
Seattle, Washington
crap.. ok i dont see anything wrong with using self defense.

Hes lucky he didnt run into one of the familys around my neighborhood... he would have had real guns pointed at him.

Man i hope everything goes smoothly

Eye4NEye

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Virginia, USA
gamehelix.googlepages.com
A lot of it depends on the state you are in. If he came onto your property with a weapon (which he did) you have every right to defend yourself, gun, bb gun, or whatever if you felt your life was in danger. The real issue is that he initiated the offensive move and then proceeded to step onto your property and attempt to assault you. If anything, he is in trouble, considering it was over a windshield and not something life threatening to him (i.e him defending his life). In all seriousness, that dude could be in serious trouble. The bb gun really isn't even an issue. It would only come into play if he was trying to leave the scene and then you attacked him with it. That in most states is not allowed (unless you are in FL or TX or a few others) When an attacker or thief is trying to leave, you must let him escape without using force...I know...it's screwed up, but the laws really do favor the criminal in that respect. Deadly force is only allowed in cases where your life is in danger and usually by law only after someone has attempted to use deadly force on you. I know, it seems backwards, but that is the general rule. As a side note, if you were to say rob a bank with that bb gun or a paint ball gun, they would consider it armed robbery and even in some states assault with a deadly weapon if you were to shoot someone with it.

Dec 31, 1969
Ionia, MI
WOW! I'm glad nothing crazy like that ever happens in my neighborhood. (It's mainly full of old people that like mow their lawns) I'm sure nothing bad will come out of it on your behalf since you did nothing wrong. (Except stay outside when the guy was running at you swinging a bat, next time get your butt inside and lock the door) Good luck, and hope everything turns out ok.

Barney99

Barney99

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Long Island, Ny USA
www.moddb.com
Well, ok everything turned out fine. No charges were pressed or anything like that. The cops would have stuck a gun in the guys face also if he did what the man did to his kids. Also, neighbors saw us hanging out by my house long before the guys car got hit so now he knows it wasnt me and my friend.

Tanks for your concern. ?:D

Dec 31, 1969
LA, Calforina
At least no one at MY town never shoots a BB gun or breaking windshields because i would never like to see my Mustang nice looking Monstang have a broken windshield then i have to pay lots of money, for a new one.

Barney99

Barney99

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Long Island, Ny USA
www.moddb.com
Our neighborhood was generally fine until (not to be racist) a couple of black kids who were trouble makers moved in. They were the ones who broke the windsheild.

Barney99

Barney99

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Long Island, Ny USA
www.moddb.com
I didnt get thrown in prison arrested, but i did get arrested, taken to a police station and sat in a waiting cell sort of thing.

Dec 31, 1969
Simi Valley, CA
Barney99";p="6914 said:
I didnt get thrown in prison arrested, but i did get arrested, taken to a police station and sat in a waiting cell sort of thing.
no what you did, was get detained, not arrested. if you got arrested you would most likely be put in a cell awaiting trial.

ShadWolf

Steam Users
Dec 10, 2005
Chicago, IL
Well glad everyting is alright. Next time run into your house and call the police. That the best advice I can give.

Dec 31, 1969
Tennessee
Barney99";p="6720 said:
my stepdad in the head so he runs into the house, gets a bb pistol amd points it at the guys head

hah was that really necessary?

you're lucky the cops believed you
they usually ALWAYS believe the older people

one time me and my brother and my friend were walking down the street and my friend was pushing a basket he found down the street and this lady comes out screaming at us saying shes going to call the cops and were like okay? we didn't do anything go ahead
and he husband comes out screaming at us threatening to like beat the crap out of us
so WE call the cops cause this guy is freaking out for no reason and the cops come and were all like "yeah!" then he stops gets out of the car and is like "PUT YOUR HANDS ONT HE CAR NOW" talking to us and were like WHATT? and he like slammed my friends head on the car
they put us in the back and like are making fun of us saying we smell and crap
apparently the lady said we threw the baskett into a car and the cops went over to it and say this LITTLE bitty scratch on it and said we threw a basket into it..
lol ridiclousss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)