Is Windows Vista a copy of OSX!?!?

MrLowers2002

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Sorry guys I had to do it since I am a Apple guy but thats all right at least they are copying a good OS too bad it doesnt have the support it needs LOL. ?Gotta love Microsoft they only copy from the best.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDNuq94Zg_8[/youtube]

Dec 31, 1969
Cumbria, UK.
Steam
Well watching that vid just because they are in differant places and differant names,Does not mean they have coiped the software,Although it does look suspect to me. Just my opinion.
DARK :twisted:

MrLowers2002

MrLowers2002

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
oh I agree with you dark its definently not an exact copy but there are definently a few things that are suspect. ?Either way Win XP still is the better operating system then vista even with XP's security flaws. ?But I will never completely give up my OSX especialy once OSX Leopard comes out with the time machine feature (backup).

Dec 31, 1969
USA, MI
Okay, Mac is full of fail. There just like consoles, they come out with a new computer/laptop every so often. That only improves (little) speed/looks.
As quoted from a Mac vs Vista video "You have to trick macs into doing what you want". Which is true, you don't have full control over there OS's
unlike windows. Then we come to the part of crashing. Iv used Win 98/XP/200*. All which NEVER crashed. Unless obviously, i mistakedly installed
a shit driver, or something along the lines of that. On to applications, there's way to much of shit applications, okay so you have: iTunes, iMovie, iPhoto.
Oh wow, I'M GOING TO I YOU! There all shit, you can get just as good app from teh intarwebs. ?Then my last rant about this crap OS, upgrades...
Wow mac sure blows in this department , 'Nuff said.

Plus, linux rules everything. It has the stablitly of OSX, and just as much power as anything else.
So it's ethier *inux or windows that will always stay. Mac's should just die out.

Einhander

C7 LEADER
Minecraft Builders
Steam Users
Jan 3, 2007
PA, US.
www.cozworld.com
lets put it this way lawsuit on windos 4 stealing ideas, but the trade pacts of today say that they alow 5 years of time to pass to intergrate old tech-ideas into new products if warrented

MrLowers2002

MrLowers2002

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Drak whoa I didnt think you would get so defensive but I will counter you on a few points that you mentioned.

Mac is full of fail. There just like consoles, they come out with a new computer/laptop every so often. That only improves (little) speed/looks.

Well I wouldnt say they are full of fail especially when Microsoft copys them.

As quoted from a Mac vs Vista video "You have to trick macs into doing what you want". Which is true, you don't have full control over there OS's
unlike windows.

I dont know what this statement is suppose to mean but I never had a problem controlling anything in OSX and no tricks were involved.

Then my last rant about this crap OS, upgrades...

Actually OSX gets upgraded every week or everytime there is a security issue (which is hardly ever) ?so im not to sure what this statement is suppose to mean either.

Plus, linux rules everything. It has the stablitly of OSX, and just as much power as anything else.
So it's ethier *inux or windows that will always stay. Mac's should just die out.

Linux has the stability of OSX because they both use a unix base and linux will never be mainstream because there are too many distros and when the average person wants to try it out they cant figure out how to install anything, and dont want to spend days looking for drivers on the net, ?Also people dont ?like to try things that are new and thats why Apple OSX will never be mainstream either. ?

By the way this is just their results of the last 1/4 in 2006 I dont think they are going anywhere

Apple Reports Preliminary Fourth Quarter Results
Ships Record 1.61 Million Macs
CUPERTINO, California?October 18, 2006?Apple? today announced preliminary financial results for its fiscal 2006 fourth quarter ended September 30, 2006. These preliminary results may be subject to significant adjustment as a result of a likely restatement of historical results.

The Company posted revenue of $4.84 billion and net quarterly profit of $546 million, or $.62 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $3.68 billion and net profit of $430 million, or $.50 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 29.2 percent, up from 28.1 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 40 percent of the quarter?s revenue.

Apple shipped 1,610,000 Macintosh? computers

Dec 31, 1969
USA, MI
I was meaning hardware upgrades, the only thing that I really thought was upgradable in mac's was Ram/memory. But i'll add more on to what I said, i do agree that OSX is a lot more stable then windows, but the OS just seems so useless, iv never had any use for both mac laptops i owned.
(The only reason why I had both, was because my uncle refuses to even touch windows, and bought me a mac to show me how great it was)

ҲenoŘising

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
CA, US.
www.forums.aceflybye.com
Drak";p="4632 said:
Okay, Mac is full of fail. There just like consoles, they come out with a new computer/laptop every so often. That only improves (little) speed/looks.
unlike windows. Then we come to the part of crashing. Iv used Win 98/XP/200*. All which NEVER crashed. Unless obviously, i mistakedly installed
a Poop driver, or something along the lines of that. On to applications, there's way to much of Poop applications, okay so you have: iTunes, iMovie, iPhoto.
Oh wow, I'M GOING TO I YOU! There all Poop, you can get just as good app from teh intarwebs. ?Then my last rant about this crap OS, upgrades...

I agree with everything Draks says here. Linux is the best, Windows comes in just behide it, Now let me start my little rant about Mac, First off Macs are computers that only support like 600 games. when windows supports more then i can even guess, Linux also supports more then I can guess,. The whole new crap about Mac can now run windows!. Right there tell you somthings up. Mac has been able to run windows since ?windows 98 came out. It uses a dule boot system. So tell me what the crap is up with this whole new omg it can run windows! Nothing new just new ads to make them seem more powerful then they are, Also a mac can not be upgraded for more then the price of a new mac in most cases, Mac is the worst pcs ever made. There inventing ideas are great but they refuse to make there systems like pcs so you can.t upgrade worth crap. The G5 the G7 and such come on people learn from what I said above vista may have some things like mac, But mac is trying to be more like windows every day.

Hope you enjoy my rant.

Jan 18, 2004
NYC
g-montag.deviantart.com
I am currently using Windows Vista Home P edition on my home computer. I have to say that I personally enjoy using the new operating system. The operating system itself seems very intuitive. Installation only took a few mouse clicks and then the DVD did everything on its own from there. I also personally like the new security stuff they added. I do not even need my old firewall and spyware programs anymore since Windows does a comperable job. I admit the whole new Aero glass scheme is nothing really to brag about....but that is not the reason why I bought it in the first place ^_^. But the security pop ups are annoying. I hope Microsoft plans to remedy this problem in the upcoming service pack. The only other thing that I have had an issue with is my systems inability to recognize the SLI graphic cards, but that is more of a problem with Nvidia than it is with Vista.

I have used a Mac many times before. My school recently got a buttload of new Intel duo core macs this semester in the computer lab. So far, I have not seen anything in the OS that really made me want to trade my Vista for a mac. I know for one thing that they are not as resilient as Windows computers after breaking down.

But then again, I am just as much biased in this issue than any other person making a point here. I have been using Windows since 1995 and have any really been messing around with Mac since 2004-ish.
I cannot say much about Linux since I still have yet to use it.

Who really cares if one OS mimics another. In the end, what people are going to prefer using is simple, sophisticated, intuitive, and likeable. That is the basic criteria that every company is trying satisfy, and if it means stealing ideas, then fine. Windows is just as much as a victim that Apple is in this area, so stop making Microsoft always look like the bad guy.

And there always people who are willing to try out new things (even if it does suck ass), so that little bit is no excuse (remember Microsoft Bob, Newton, Atari's E.T)

Anyway, thats just my little rant.

TheOneKilla

C7 OFFICER
Minecraft Builders
Dec 31, 1969
Seattle, Washington
theirs so many differences... just because they added a search bar and the little "gadgets" doesn't mean its a rip-off.

(btw i have xp looking JUST like vista w/ gadgets, transparency, sidebar, and all)

I think XP is SOOO much better than Vista and the only thing that has changed that i would get vista for would be the looks.. and i think i have my XP looking EXACTLY like vista would. Xp uses much less ram and from what i can tell, plays games better.

I would also like to note that I have vista, XP, and ubuntu (linux) triple-booted so that I can choose which OS i would like to run on startup.

Heres how:
http://lifehacker.com/software/top/wind ... 179906.php
http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/lin ... aptop.html
Make sure you install them in this order: Windows Xp, WIndows Vista, Ubuntu (linux)

I would also like to add that Ubuntu is free and its one of my favorite linux versions.

download free here:
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

Linux is not like xp, its much more stable and alot faster... but it comes at a price. Its super hard to learn.
The one thing i hate about ubuntu(linux) is that its super hard to install stuff and get games to run. But in the end you will get alot more out of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)