Mac advice

ShutUp9100

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Weston, Wisconsin
Well I have a couple thousand dollars to spend and I'm thinking about getting a laptop, to be specific a macbook, any advice on what kind?

ShutUp9100

ShutUp9100

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Weston, Wisconsin
whats wrong with macs? they practically last forever, and almost never get viruses, my cousin Emily got hers before going off to college and it still works perfectly six years later.

Drak

Dec 31, 1969
USA, MI
Because, it's Mac. The virus thing I guess is true.. Doesn't matter tho, any good PC owner wont have problems. I've owned a PC all my life, never once. Have I had a spyware/trojan problem.
On top of that, I see no point in them. Indeed they do look good, the interface is polished nicely, and they run good. But.. There.. So boring.

Drak

Dec 31, 1969
USA, MI
Or you could just not get a mac at all, I mean. That sounds like a great idea.
Oh, I'm sorry. i'll stop now. :3

Marthicus

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Melbourne, Vic, Australia
I agree with Drak... omg why the hell get a mac??? They are overpriced, and with the same money you could buy a much more powerful laptop running vista and everything. But this is my opinion... i suppose if you want to use it for music recording or movie editing or anything involving multimedia design, its good cause Macs come with a ton of software. But other than that. NO.

Dec 31, 1969
It depends really what your going to be doing on your labtop, if its work related then a mac is the way to go, but if your going to be gaming with it too...i suggest a dell notebook.

TheOneKilla

C7 OFFICER
Minecraft Builders
Dec 31, 1969
Seattle, Washington
Why hasnt anybody mentioned linux?
You should all be ashamed :D

But yeah i would definatly use Xp/Linux I dont care what your using your comptuer for. Everything that u can do on mac you can do the same (if not better on windows) but you cant say the same for mac. I would not be as worried about vista because imo its a waste and only slows you down. If you want dx10 they already have a patch for xp that works. (I actually get better fps in xp with dx10)

After buying a notebook pc with xp/vista i would download and install linux... the distro of choice is Ubuntu (for begginers)

btw you can run more than one OS

I am currently running
Xp Pro
Vista Ultimate
Ubuntu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)