Map names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Dec 31, 1969
Toronto
Most people would have noticed some of the map names in all Halflife games (like sven coop and counter strike etc) have like short names in front of them like:

EXAMPLE : for counterstrike ... theres de_dust or .... cs_office

i know de stands for planting bomb and cs stands for rescueing hostages

but for sven co-op maps .. they have them too like ... tb_zombiebase ... sc_waterflow ... nm_helmsdeep ETC...

can anyone tell me if they stand for anythingfor the sven co-op maps ?

Eye4NEye

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Virginia, USA
gamehelix.googlepages.com
A lot of it depends on the mapper and the name of the map series. For instance gr_ for the gut reaction maps, re_ for the resident evil maps, etc.

I would imagine sc_ stands for Sven Coop. Meaning it's a map made specifically for multiplay for Sven.

Some I would imagine are the initials of the mapper or maybe the clan it was created for. It may not even have any meaning at all sometimes. It really depends on the author of the map and what they want to name it.

CoZmicShReddeR

Staff member
C7 Commander
Minecraft Builders
Feb 25, 2003
United States
www.cozworld.com
Profile Music
Steam
The names infront are from the mappers basically...

All SvenCoop maps should have the sc_ infront in my opinion... The tb_zombiebase was made by a guy names TheBard hence tb = TheBard same with nm_helpsdeep was made by Nipper nm = NipperMap

Hope the clears up the screwy crap thing that the SvenCoop community should have pushed in the first place but never did... :oops:

Slayer

Dec 31, 1969
Oregon
lol well, makes more sense to me now, of course, that's pretty much what i had figured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)