My computer is broken

Dec 31, 1969
My greatest fears have now been comfirmed, this is exactly what i get for having no anti-virus protection. Today, before i headed out to school i booted up my computer, typed in my password to my account..and there it hit me, it asks for the password again, i retyped and pressed enter, again i got the same thing. So i went into safe-mode and what do you know, still can't enter. So now i'm completely locked out of windows, that's just great because now i'm forced to format the whole drive and start from scratch. Chances are though it was a virus and if it wasnt that it was propably a corruption in my windows system. Anyways i won't be on for a while (cuz i hate this computer im using) so i'll cya all later.

Dec 31, 1969
USA, MI
Re: My computer is brokeded

You should be able to use a windows recovery disk, boot in a command prompt.
And make an administrator account from there.

Dec 31, 1969
Cumbria, UK.
Steam

Always use antivirus software or some kinda firewall evan the free ones some are quite good.
www.download.com

You should be able to find something there.
DARK :twisted:

xXdeathXx
Dec 31, 1969

Yeah i tried Booting the recovery disk and it didn't do much , i'm still locked out of my accounts and you don't need to make another administrator account, theres already one when you start up in Safe Mode. And as you can see i'm back and i just finished updated my drivers and such, hopefully i'll have everything recovered by tommorow. I even made a list of most of the files i remember...This time i'm using McAfee and some other extra security shit.

Dec 31, 1969
USA, MI

Eww.. Get AVG or Avast. For a *GOOD* free anti-virus.
As for a firewall. Sygate is good. (Zonealarm, and hyped stuff like this sucks)

xXdeathXx
Dec 31, 1969

Windows already has a firewall, not to mention my router... but if i do need it i'll propably look into it.

Zid_Jing

Dec 31, 1969
Arlington, Texas

If your firewall isn't strong enough, I recommend downloading [SpywareBlaster]. It should detect any internet threats quickly and block them at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)