My Mom is Going Insane... What should I do?

TheOneKilla

C7 OFFICER
Minecraft Builders
Dec 31, 1969
Seattle, Washington
Hey guys, I need your input on this..

So here's the deal. My Aunt has brain cancer. She just got out of surgery and is scheduled to start chemotherapy immediately. My mom started to look for alternative "natural" cures for cancer. She found something called Gerson Therapy. According to their website you can magically cure cancer!! Skeptical? You should be. Apparently they have been curing cancer "for over 60 years"

So I did a little research on my own.

The basic idea is this.. Your body has a natural way of fighting cancer, but in order to do so you need to cleanse and revitalize your body. You do this by going on a strict diet where you eat/drink vegetables nearly 24/7, stick coffee up your butt and pretty much avoid anything that's not natural. The only proof that they can provide are customer testimonials. There has been no scientific evidence to verify not a single bit of this non-sense. That is why its illegal to practice in the U.S. and you have to go to Tiajuana to get this treatment. How can my mom even begin to believe in this BULL. She has a freaking degree in the medical field. She went to nursing school for 4 years. My mom just got through showing my Aunt a video documentary about Gerson Therapy... My Aunt actually considered trying it.

I WILL NOT LET MY AUNT KILL HERSELF OVER SOME BULL.. THIS HAS GOT TO END - RIGHT NOW!

HumeDog

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Nebraska
First of all, kimo lol chemo. Ok, aunt dying of cancer, usually leads people to believe in stupid miracle shit, trust me. Further more, "magically cure cancer" "for over 60 years" bullshit. Your mom's just desperate and frankly turning towards alternative medecine seems to be (not sexist) woman's approach to cancer. Seen it happen. Nothing you can do. Have fun listening to the crap that ensues.

BioHazard

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Ishpeming, MI, USA
Well even though it IS stupid bullshit, maybe it's more for moral and a thought of hope than a cure. As for what you can do? I have no idea, if your parents are like mine they'll just ignore you to whatever opposition you may have against it. But if they are open to ideas try talking to your mother and get some answers.

Einhander

C7 LEADER
Minecraft Builders
Steam Users
Jan 3, 2007
PA, US.
www.cozworld.com
I suggest brainwashing both of them with the rick roll video and get them back on the right track.

But seriously thats jacked!
Just tell your family how you feel about it and thats about all you can do.

Dec 31, 1969
Canada
Wow... That does seem a tad out of proportion. I'd suggest all of the above. Just try opening some ideas more... reasonable ideas up. I hate anything to do with hospitals but if its something like cancer, that's a life or death situation.

Apr 4, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
When the odds are that out of proportion, a person looks for the easiest way out, chemotherapy or "Natural medicine", suggesting you try the "natural medicine" first, probably has a WAY better chance that less crap will happen. If it doesn't work, take the Chemo, that way if it does work then you don't have to go through Chemo.

Apr 11, 2009
Well, this really sucks. I guess theres nothing you can do except talk to her about it. ?:cry:

Apr 29, 2009
NEW YORK
wow. thats incredible why does your mom belive in that? u should have a talk with her. maybe shes just desperate. she needs to be logical. theres no way that could work. GL

Deathshot

Apr 29, 2009
NYC
Do your best to reason with her and talk her out of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)