NOT_BANNED [Not Banned. But accused of Mic Spam) (WBA) Jack Noble (M@DM@TT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Noble

Aug 5, 2010
Madison, AL
I just registered, after a game of TTT on one of your servers, the story: I got traitor in a round some I buy a knife wander around, and a dectective shoots me for what seemed no reason at the time. I heard a few things about mic spam, so I look in the top left corner of the screen, and it indicates im using a mic or whatever. The next round I mention I don't even have a mic..No one believes me, so I disable any possible ways I could even use a mic at the time and rejoin, then I leave and I post a thread about it.

To my belief that was a: LUA virus, a hacker is all I can think of.

Games: Garry's mod.

Last edited:

Raserisk

C7 GRUNTS
Minecraft Builders
Apr 7, 2010
Shepherdsville, Kentucky - United States
Thank you for your concern, I apologize personally because an admin wasn't on.

What time did this incident occur?

You might of pressed or been holding down your push-to-talk key when you died, causing a bug that makes it where your talk icon stays on the screen.

Looks like there was some RDM involved.

Once our clan leader, Cozmicshredder gets on, hopefully he will looks through the logs.

Jack Noble

Jack Noble

Aug 5, 2010
Madison, AL
Thank you for your concern, I apologize personally because an admin wasn't on.

What time did this incident occur?

You might of pressed or been holding down your push-to-talk key when you died, causing a bug that makes it where your talk icon stays on the screen.

Looks like there was some RDM involved.

Once our clan leader, Cozmicshredder gets on, hopefully he will looks through the logs.
Time: 2:30 PM.
I do not possess a mic that works.
RDM? Yes, for "Jacking off while your mic is still running."

Jack Noble

Jack Noble

Aug 5, 2010
Madison, AL
Anyway, Kentucky, US? From my guess we are in the same timezone Raserisk. AL, here.
Or its the estimated time Its 2:53 here.

Last edited:

CoZmicShReddeR

Staff member
C7 Commander
Minecraft Builders
Top Poster Of Month
Feb 25, 2003
United States
www.cozworld.com
Profile Music
Steam
You are probably hitting the X key for your mic while playing...

Default Mic key is X
bind "x" "+voicerecord"

You could type bind "x" "" in console to stop mic all together... You can still enable the key again but this will terminate the use of the X key and mic until you wish to enable it again through your user config

Aug 4, 2010
I was on the server at that time and his mic was playing a very loud and annoying staticy noise, this is likely a malicious LUA script like he said (there was an exploit during an earlier Gmod version that let you force clients to download them when joining your server, maybe the exploit's back?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)