Post dedicated to fixing Barney's problem!!

TheOneKilla

C7 OFFICER
Minecraft Builders
Dec 31, 1969
Seattle, Washington
In case you haven't noticed Barney crashes repeatedly in Ventrilo and that sometimes causes him to crash in-game as well. I know its driving him nuts, CAUSE ITS DRIVING MEH NUTS!! ?

:cry:

Anyways, I was thinking of what the problem might be, you guys have any ideas?

I was thinking at first it was a driver issue with his audio controller. If thats the case barney, all you have to do is install some brand new drivers for your card.
Realtek HD Audio Drivers (from realtek) or Gigabyte Drivers (need to know the model MOBO you have)
Don't worry about drivers doing any harm to your computer, the worst they can do is make your audio stop working and that can be easily fixed by installing another driver.

I know this is very rare but sometimes the signal of your internet connection can be soo weak that it momentarily goes on/off every now and then. You can tell if this is happening if your modem loses connection and then very quickly reconnects. If you have a splitter thats dividing your cable

Like this:

Then you might consider buying a new one. You can find one @ WalMart for like eight bucks. (This exact thing happened to me)

Let me know how it goes and I'll throw some more possibilities out there for ya.

Good luck man!!

I think if hes on a splitter that it would be that, we had a tv in the computer room so we had the cable here split with the net and tv and it would slow us down alot and even shut off the connections

TheOneKilla

TheOneKilla

C7 OFFICER
Minecraft Builders
Dec 31, 1969
Seattle, Washington
Also.. (coz brought these possibilities up)

Are you using a firewall?
Have you defraged in a while?
Too much crap on your computer?

If I were you I would first download CCleaner run that and let it erase a lot of the crap on your computer. After that I would recommend defragging your computer. Just go all out and start uninstalling all the crap that you don't play/use (just for the hell of it)

There's this really cool program that you can use to find out what crap is taking up all the space on your HD.. and if you wanna clean your computer, its very handy. WinDirStat

Irish

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Alabama
Wow, I'm thinking I might use that program too, is it for vista?

Barney99

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Long Island, Ny USA
www.moddb.com
Thanks, I will explore some of those options this weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)