Random Crashes

Dec 31, 1969
Missouri, USA
hedorah54.tripod.com
When I join a server or try to load certain maps in single player my game crashes and I get this error message: "Internal driver error in IDirect3DDevice9::present()"

Theres no lag, stuttering, anything! It just freezes and closes out.

I've already tried uninstalling/reinstalling my drivers. That didn't work. I tried updating, but that didn't work either. Should I try re-installing Garry's Mod?

Dec 31, 1969
What you SHOULD do is remove your addons and try again but that's just what Garry wants everyone to do. From the looks of it thought it seems like your current graphics card can't handle Garrys Mod, but that's just a guess.

So you can try 2 things

1. Lower your graphical settings and try again

2. Remove addons and try again

And if all else fails re-install and hope for the best.

Action_Frank
Dec 31, 1969
Missouri, USA
hedorah54.tripod.com
Thanks. I found another update at ATI.com today and that seems to help, but I'll still try a fresh addon install.

DruTfurgeson

C7 OFFICER
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Mesa, Arizona
www.webhamster.com
My computer would crash out loading the level. I found that my cooling was not sufficient enough to handle the load of my processor and videocard. Once i increased the fan speeds and moved more air through the case, i could play/load gary's mod. I have a feeling that my heat is the cause. My system can handle the mod but unfortuneatly its case and position in my desk prevents me from allowing the processor and videocard to breathe cool air. Like xXdeathXx said lower the vidcard settings is may be too much and I will add to it by suggesting (if possible) to increase your casefan speeds or videocard fan speed. :lol:

Action_Frank
Dec 31, 1969
Missouri, USA
hedorah54.tripod.com
I did the SDK base video stress test and it all worked fine. I probably need to clean my PC and ghet a fresh install. I'll need the new Graphics card anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)