Report: Sven Co-op GameServer Errors here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoZmicShReddeR

Staff member
C7 Commander
Minecraft Builders
Top Poster Of Month
Feb 25, 2003
United States
www.cozworld.com
Profile Music
Steam
Please post any problems with the CozmicShredder.com Sven Co-op server here please!

For example:
1) Maps not working correctly
2) You're map or files mismatched or differs from servers files!
3) Files missing from in game downloads
4) Plugins not working
5) Other errors you have noticed

(Note: Do not post problems with other people here!)

What we hope to do is fix these issues so we can make you're stay more enjoyable...

Some problems can be fixed if you download and install the latest version of the map that you are having problems with and if you still have issues joining the server then we did something wrong...

Sorry about the PM Coz had'nt seen this section 'till now. I'm still getting "your bsp differs from the server's" when I try to join sc_deadthings, my map, on your server. Doesn't seem you're running the updated bsp's. I wish you were because the originals had a door bug allowing AI's to open doors they shouldn't as in DT3 the map can be ended prematurely, way too soon, before the osprey is downed. Thanks for running sc_deadthings either way!

CoZmicShReddeR

CoZmicShReddeR

Staff member
C7 Commander
Minecraft Builders
Top Poster Of Month
Feb 25, 2003
United States
www.cozworld.com
Profile Music
Steam
I did update it maybe TempletonPeck or Fire-Wired replaced it with the older version?

Anyways TempletonPeck will read this and fix it hopefully... :roll:

Yeah I really hate everyone having different map versions too...

Thanks for reporting this!

I would hope my administration or clan members would have noticed!

Einhander

C7 LEADER
Minecraft Builders
Steam Users
Jan 3, 2007
PA, US.
www.cozworld.com
hey cozmic the wolf3d wad fot the sven server doesnt download nor work on the server could it be a file misplacement on the server?

Einhander

C7 LEADER
Minecraft Builders
Steam Users
Jan 3, 2007
PA, US.
www.cozworld.com
hey no problem man just doing what i can

Einhander

C7 LEADER
Minecraft Builders
Steam Users
Jan 3, 2007
PA, US.
www.cozworld.com
lol i just had a doozy of a time on the server the same map kept looping. Im guesing it was a map trigger but it was realy fun/annoying. Can we get some different maps on the cycle becuase i have played all of the sc maps more than 10 each and its kinda boring ?:wink:

Einhander

C7 LEADER
Minecraft Builders
Steam Users
Jan 3, 2007
PA, US.
www.cozworld.com
"sigh" we have another problem
rooftopwar wont open cemax.wad
I dont know why and I cant find the wad "sigh"
basicly when the server doesnt have a player in it something is wrong lol.

Aug 21, 2004
British Columbia
I should really start paying attention to this thread. Anyways, i'm on the rooftop war problem like stink on a monkey.

Einhander

C7 LEADER
Minecraft Builders
Steam Users
Jan 3, 2007
PA, US.
www.cozworld.com
uhh guys lol we have another issue ?:lol: ?the server is acting up like a baby with a dirty diaper. It's been getting realt lagy to the point were its pointless to play at all. What strikes me as funny though it doesnt crash. which kinda i was hpoing for lol"jk" but anyways people on the server are starting to become upset with it. It's very odd thou becuase it starts for a couple minutes then stops then a hour later it spikes to death and stays that way for a couple more hours. I was monitering the server with my pc while i was at work and the spikes are shooting up to a max of 500 and still no crashes."i used my lil bro as a monitor lol".

CoZmicShReddeR

CoZmicShReddeR

Staff member
C7 Commander
Minecraft Builders
Top Poster Of Month
Feb 25, 2003
United States
www.cozworld.com
Profile Music
Steam
We are sharing the Dedicated Server on SnarkCafe Game Server hosting and sometimes the server lags when bunches join the other game servers and the map content isn't on a URL download Content host!

Basically they download directly from the game server and it spikes the Game Servers up!

Most real network maintenance is handled at night or early in the morning!

We are in the process of creating a warning system when someone is working on the game server...

But I told them just shut my Game Servers down if they plan on doing any major work on it!

And that is really it just to inform you basically the major spikes are people downloading content that wasn't uploaded to content host!

We always put files on both the Game Servers and content host but sometimes that might not get done and well we like to know if people have a really hard time joining.

As with anything else we also log on the Game Server and check to see if one of the other Game Servers isn?t stuck in a loop or maybe we had an error?

Funny though the Brain Bread network code seems to be better at handling lag spikes?

When Sven Co-op v3.5 is released we will see less lag spikes with the new and improved network coding!

Well anyways we all appreciate your input and I?ll have TempletonPeck mail you one of our T-Shirts made out of fine steel wool and jalapenos!

Einhander

C7 LEADER
Minecraft Builders
Steam Users
Jan 3, 2007
PA, US.
www.cozworld.com
Can you eat them?

CoZmicShReddeR

CoZmicShReddeR

Staff member
C7 Commander
Minecraft Builders
Top Poster Of Month
Feb 25, 2003
United States
www.cozworld.com
Profile Music
Steam
Ok went through the server logs seen the server crashed on sc_command_beta and there were no map votes and no admins on the server and the map was running fine for a while...

L 08/20/2006 - 20:19:09: Loading map "sc_command_beta"

Map loaded fine seems people where playing normally but also see lots of monsters were spawning and people getting killed left a right...

I think the problem is that Sven Co-op uses wanid to trigger monsters and that maybe why it crashes so much...

These were the last lines prior to crashing...

L 08/20/2006 - 20:22:24: "monster_pitdrone<monster><NoWonID><enemy>" has been killed by "Whitecrab<597><STEAM_0><team1>"
L 08/20/2006 - 20:22:24: "monster_alien_slave<monster><NoWonID><enemy>" has been killed by "Gnarls Barkley<593><STEAM_0><team1>"
L 08/20/2006 - 20:22:25: "monster_alien_slave<monster><NoWonID><enemy>" has been killed by "IO<600><STEAM_0><team1>"
L 08/20/2006 - 20:22:25: "monster_alien_controller<monster><NoWonID><enemy>" killed "black mage<584><STEAM_0><team1>" with "controller_head_bal

And there where constant kill messages spamming over and over in the console.

I believe a lot of that code has been removed in Sven Co-op v3.5 hopefully or at least they should allow you to turn that off to save on the half life engine not sure if you can turn that off without sacrificing the game play...

Aug 21, 2004
British Columbia
Einhander";p="404 said:
Can you eat them?
I'm sorry were out of the t-shirts, we'll have to send you some metal underwear with "Property of Cozmicshredder" painted on the back instead.

I have to warn you though, Cozmic left them out in the rain by accident the other day so they are quite rusty.

Einhander

C7 LEADER
Minecraft Builders
Steam Users
Jan 3, 2007
PA, US.
www.cozworld.com
hey coz big problems with the map zombie_grunt_hunt zombie_t model doesnt download.

Aug 21, 2004
British Columbia
There is a .res file though, and it has zombieT.mdl in it and I double checked the directory on it, it should download. Unless you were talking about the second map in the series, which was missing a .res file all together, I put one up now.

Dec 31, 1969
Ummm I was playing on the server like an hour ago it crashed and now I lost all my XP and lvls. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)