RPG mod for Synergy!

Would you like a RPG plugin for Synergy?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on whats in this plugin...

• No, not really, its fine the way it is.

• Total voters

Marthicus

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Local time
Today 5:38 AM
Reaction score
I wanna see how many people would be interested in an RPG mod much like the former Sven Co-op one for Synergy. In my opinion, it would make the game way better and since the C7 clan will be at the fore-front of something like this for Synergy, our server will get a major boost in numbers, and therefore possibly attract members.

Also i believe synergy needs more random crazy maps with puzzles and really trippy stuff within the maps. Make everything more fun :D.

Barney99

Steam Users
Local time
Reaction score
Website
www.moddb.com
That would be cool... I certainly would play Synergy more if it had something like what the sven coop server has.

xXdeathXx

Local time
Reaction score
Marthicus";p="7346 said:
I wanna see how many people would be interested in an RPG mod much like the former Sven Co-op one for Synergy. In my opinion, it would make the game way better and since the C7 clan will be at the fore-front of something like this for Synergy, our server will get a major boost in numbers, and therefore possibly attract members.

Also i believe synergy needs more random crazy maps with puzzles and really trippy stuff within the maps. Make everything more fun :D.

I agree with the bottom part, but i think i'll pass on the RPG part, i suck at roleplaying. If i wanted to roleplay i'd propably go play WoW or something. Also how would you roleplay in Synergy? You can already do that in the maps, just pretend your a special ops team trying to [insert map objective here], I do it all the time!

theBanana

C7 GRUNTS
Local time
Reaction score
Marthicus";p="7346 said:

I agree with this, I also think a RPG mod would be alright.

BioHazard

Steam Users
Local time
Reaction score
I agree with the bottom part, but i think i'll pass on the RPG part, i suck at roleplaying. If i wanted to roleplay i'd propably go play WoW or something. Also how would you roleplay in Synergy? You can already do that in the maps, just pretend your a special ops team trying to [insert map objective here], I do it all the time!

The RPG for First-Person-Shooters are different then what you are thinking Death. If you ever went on our Sven server you'd get a taste of it. A lot of people enjoy the RPG mods. Like for example - Ammo Regeneration, Health Regeneration, Low Gravity Booster, Armor Regeneration, etc.. Basically makes the maps more interesting, plus you can show off how high a level you are! XD

xXdeathXx

Local time
Reaction score
BioHazard";p="7355 said:

The RPG for First-Person-Shooters are different then what you are thinking Death. If you ever went on our Sven server you'd get a taste of it. A lot of people enjoy the RPG mods. Like for example - Ammo Regeneration, Health Regeneration, Low Gravity Booster, Armor Regeneration, etc.. Basically makes the maps more interesting, plus you can show off how high a level you are! XD

Yea i think that would be cool in games like synergy, but if you throw upgrades like that into Zombie master then its no fun.

Drak

Local time
Reaction score
Thinking of ideas wont get anywhere, Source still has a crap plugin system.
It's so limited, you can't do anything that you could in HL1 based games.

Marthicus

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Local time
Reaction score
Well, its good to hear from Drak on this since he knows what he is doing. So is ther any way to make an RPG mod for Synergy? Or maybe some class selections at the least. (Sniper, heavy weapons, medic etc.)

xXdeathXx

Local time
Reaction score
Marthicus";p="7379 said:
Well, its good to hear from Drak on this since he knows what he is doing. So is ther any way to make an RPG mod for Synergy? Or maybe some class selections at the least. (Sniper, heavy weapons, medic etc.)

Yeah, after playing Sven coop i think an rpg mod with skills or some classes would be awesome!

Drak

Local time
Reaction score
I'm in the process of converting the Sven plugin to source.
Currently stuck on the HUD messages though. There way to big.

What I have done:
The menu system.
UTIL Function system.
SQL Saving.

Which is over 50%. But i'm tying to setup a vault system instead of SQL.

THEDARK1

C7 LEADER
Local time
Reaction score
Steam
Keep up the good work Drak :twisted:

BlueFox

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah great to see progress.

Barney99

Steam Users
Local time
Reaction score
Website
www.moddb.com
Wow, lookin good so far!The only thing is that i would rather see it set up like sven, but thats just me...

ChuRch

Steam Users
Local time
Reaction score
Website
flounderpounder.proboards82.com
I really like it how it is. My one friend from Natural Selection and I play it about 3ish eastern. So if anyone wanna join go ahead. We play about 2 to 3 hours a day and we have a lot of fun without the RPG. When we are in there more and more people join. So if your worried about getting people in it just join and give it a little bit and then they will come and show up at our feet. =)

DaSh-Winry

Local time
Reaction score
Website
winry.darkfiles.us
ChuRch";p="7470 said:
I really like it how it is. My one friend from Natural Selection and I play it about 3ish eastern. So if anyone wanna join go ahead. We play about 2 to 3 hours a day and we have a lot of fun without the RPG. When we are in there more and more people join. So if your worried about getting people in it just join and give it a little bit and then they will come and show up at our feet. =)

It's amazing how many things (Mod like) you can get for a standalone mod made on hl's SDk

Marthicus

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Local time
Reaction score
Woah Drak, thats some great work!!!! Keep up the good work man, and remember we can always test it outr on the servers lol.

I really think this will raise the popularity of our servers on Synergy. This is awesome, yet again, well done man :D

*edit*
Just to add, can you update us on your progress? and give us an estimate on when we can test it all?

Drak

Local time
Reaction score

I figured out how to get the Menu API working, instead of my own custom one. And i got saving/loading via txt files done. Plus, some basicly skills.
Force Powers allows you to throw props around (Unlike the gravity gun, this shoots twice as fast/powerful)
I have no idea where i'm going with this, just fooling around seeing what to do.. But.. It should be testable soon. Not exactly sure..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.