Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShutUp9100

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Weston, Wisconsin
so what do you prefer, running zombies or walking zombies, and why?
Pros of walkers:
traditionally, walking zombies have appeared in movies in my opinion walking zombies are scarier and often have the element of surprise because they tend to make less noise. and the slow moving shamble they walk at is a psychological element i don't remember what?
cons of walkers:
they are very slow

pros of runners:
they are fast and savage and the howling noise they make is also psychological element..
cons of runners:
they then to make howling noise before they attack giving them away before they attack.

personally I like walking zombies best for the reasons stated above.

Cthulhu

Dec 31, 1969
Manchester, England
I kinda like both. I like running zombies because I think the fact that they could outrun you makes them seem a lot more scarier. Walking zombies I think are better in dark cramped areas where they could be around any corner and catch you off guard.

i like walking zombies abit more, most of the time your looking for the running ones howel or something and the walking ones just sneak up behind you, atleast that whats unfortunatly happens to me sometimes ?:lol:

Dec 31, 1969
Niagara Falls, NY, USA
I like running zombies because when they yell they can be in any direction, giving themselves away, but they can surprise you. And they're not easy to kill, that's why I like them rather more than walking zombies. Walking zombies are too slow, and bore me. So, I can wait about 3 seconds if they're walking toward me and bash them!

BioHazard

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Ishpeming, MI, USA
We talking about the Fast Zombies off of HL2? If so I like them better. I remember the first time I went to Ravenholm and I heard that noise for the first time, I ran like hell all the way back to the part with the electricity gate thing. Lol, Heres my pro's and con's on Fast Zombies.

Pro's -
Tend to be more violent, are defiantly faster. Tend to be in small groups. They can climb walls and still have the increased strength. Plus after you kill the zombie the headcrab is very fast and it can distract you from the other zombies coming to get you.
Con's -
They are weaker, (Take less hits.) Seem to have a random nature of franticly running around hitting stuff. Basically it lives off of rage.

If we are NOT talking about the zombies from HL2 then I actually like the slower zombies.
Slower zombies tend to know a little bit more of what they are doing then the fast ones. And they also take more hits. You could blast off its arm with a shotgun and it still would go after you. Fast zombies tend to be more nimble and stupid. Like if it was charging at you you could close a door on it and it would knock it out or even kill it. Plus the whole thing of sneaking behind you at night would give anyone the shivers. Lets say you are in a abandoned car parking area (The ones underground.) and it's jsut 4 hours from the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse. All you have as a weapon is a lead pipe. It's dark and you can hear shuffling in the background. Yeah I wouldn't like to be there. As I said Fast Zombies seem to run on rage and madness, as in the Slow Zombies run on hunger... Then again the Slow Zombies seem to be easy to kill if there is only a few of them in the daytime. Doesn't matter at night but at day you could just run up to it and bash it in the head and it's dead. Lol, thats a lot of typing. WALL OF WORDS!!!

Dec 31, 1969
Niagara Falls, NY, USA
Faster Zombies tend to be in groups. If so, they hit you for I think 4 damage every hit then growl. Since they travel in packs, triple that (4x3), that's 12 damage per hit. And it can take longer to kill, because a lot of them can corner you.

As for slow zombies, they are slower, but they pack more of a powerful punch. They do exactly: 10 damage per hit. I've also found out what the fast zombies damage is: 3 for claw, and 10 for jumpuing slam. Slow zombies are better, and they sneak up on you. Always look out in ravenholm for enemy invasion forces.

Dec 31, 1969
Ontario, Canada
Running zombies it's harder to get away especially when they're in a LARGE GROUP! It also makes it fun because you have more zombies to blast away while they're clawing away at you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)