Screwed up time limit(Cant rtv) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urban_Ninja

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Michigan
Credits
I'm sitting here on the server unable to rock the vote because the time limit is unlimited. I'm at the end of the map and there is no change level in the map.

Urban_Ninja

Urban_Ninja

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Michigan
Credits
This is something that would take some plugin scripting to fix. You use Deagles map management plugin right? Maybe I can help. I do make amxx plugins sometimes.

This is something that would take some plugin scripting to fix. You use Deagles map management plugin right? Maybe I can help. I do make amxx plugins sometimes.
I would like to keep the unlimited time maps on the server but do not want people to get pissed at our server or Svencoop in general...

If there is something you have in mind your more then welcome to either express it here or in our Teamspeak...

Urban_Ninja

Urban_Ninja

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Michigan
Credits
There's multiple ways to approach this problem. Its not really the no time limit being the problem as much as it is rock the vote requiring a time limit to rock the vote because there are those maps that have no change level when you get to the end. If there's both no ability for people to rock the vote while on maps with no change level when beating it there's nothing left for anyone to do w/o waiting for an admin to change level which can take hours as it did. During that time frame a lot of people joined and soon left when they found there was nothing to do and no rtv.

Any fix for this problem would take plugin modding regardless. I'm offering to make a plugin fix. what ever way you want the solution to be, I'm willing to make it happen.

Urban_Ninja

Urban_Ninja

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Michigan
Credits
Removing rtv doesn't make the problem any better. It actually makes it worse. I was just on the server 5 minutes ago and same scenario as last time. People cleaned out the map and no map end so there winds up being nothing to do beside just wondering around the map waiting for nothing to happen.

RTV wasn't removed the plugin I switched it to broke... I switched to another plugin only other thing I can think of is to edit anything map.cfg and change the mp_timelimit to 60 as it is I had that in the serer.cfg and for whatever reason the map overrides it now...

I edited all the lol maps with a mp_timelime 60 will look into it further or ask another server how they fixed it...

I switched it back to Deags...

Thanks!

Urban_Ninja

Urban_Ninja

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Michigan
Credits
I debugged the map manager plugin and found the cause of the plugin setting the time limit to 0. Im working on adding something to force the plugin to not set mp_timelimit to 0.

Last edited:
Urban_Ninja

Urban_Ninja

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Michigan
Credits
A few months ago, I sent you a download link of the plugin edit though a PM on steam. I haven't been in sven co-op much after that. I've been busy with other things and I assumed you checked for steam messages before logging off that day. When I got on the sven co-op server yesterday, mp_timelimit was 0 again. You never got my steam message?

DynamicBits

May 9, 2012
dynamicbits.com
Credits
Version 3.25 of Deagles' Map Manager will no longer prevent users from voting when mp_timelimit = 0. The code has already been updated on my local system and is currently being tested on my server. Sorry, but I don't currently have a planned release date for this version. This fix wasn't originally planned for this version, but it seemed important enough to get in sooner rather than later.

As for why mp_timelimit is getting set to 0, I haven't found anything definite in the plugin itself. I'm still not convinced it isn't being caused by an outside factor. Outside of GunGame, I haven't been able to find any reproducible mp_timelimit issues. Regardless, users will be able to vote when the timelimit does get set to 0, so no longer will they be trapped in a certain map.

I installed Sven Co-op today and it looks like a fun mod. Maybe you'll see me on your server every now and then.

If you guys have any more problems with the Deagles' Map Manager plugin itself, please don't hesitate to report them!

--
Andy

Version 3.25 of Deagles' Map Manager will no longer prevent users from voting when mp_timelimit = 0. The code has already been updated on my local system and is currently being tested on my server. Sorry, but I don't currently have a planned release date for this version. This fix wasn't originally planned for this version, but it seemed important enough to get in sooner rather than later.

As for why mp_timelimit is getting set to 0, I haven't found anything definite in the plugin itself. I'm still not convinced it isn't being caused by an outside factor. Outside of GunGame, I haven't been able to find any reproducible mp_timelimit issues. Regardless, users will be able to vote when the timelimit does get set to 0, so no longer will they be trapped in a certain map.

I installed Sven Co-op today and it looks like a fun mod. Maybe you'll see me on your server every now and then.

If you guys have any more problems with the Deagles' Map Manager plugin itself, please don't hesitate to report them!

--
Andy
Thank you DynamicBits, this issue with the mp_timelimit has plagued SvenCoop for years... If you finally fixed it I think the coding should also be pushed to amxmodx rockthevote as well... But if this is something the SvenCoop Dev team can fix and you know what it is let them know or let me know and I'll cascade the information to the SvenCoop Dev team or I am sure they will see it posted here if you would like to make the information public...

I surely hope it's finally fixed as it is I had been modifying the map.cfg for years but since the latest up date of SvenCoop I gave up on it... There are those maps where people just love exploring or just hanging out on as SvenCoop is more or less a friendly social type mod more then any other out there...

DynamicBits

May 9, 2012
dynamicbits.com
Credits
Thank you DynamicBits, this issue with the mp_timelimit has plagued SvenCoop for years... If you finally fixed it I think the coding should also be pushed to amxmodx rockthevote as well... But if this is something the SvenCoop Dev team can fix and you know what it is let them know or let me know and I'll cascade the information to the SvenCoop Dev team or I am sure they will see it posted here if you would like to make the information public...

I surely hope it's finally fixed as it is I had been modifying the map.cfg for years but since the latest up date of SvenCoop I gave up on it... There are those maps where people just love exploring or just hanging out on as SvenCoop is more or less a friendly social type mod more then any other out there...
I'm not sure if the issue you describe regarding amxmodx rockthevote is the same or not. I don't think I've ever used that plugin. I still haven't found any cause for mp_timelimit being set to 0, so I'm afraid I don't have any info for you to pass on to the Sven Co-op team. The last time I checked, the mod didn't support Linux servers, so there is no way for me to even look into the issue.

Anyways, I was playing Sven Co-op on the CozWorld server and I experienced this issue first hand. There is some issue with one of the maps where my client freezes and I am unable to go beyond a certain point in the map. I have no idea what the problem is, but changing to another map would have been the perfect workaround.

Can you see where this is going yet? Yea, mp_timelimit was set to 0 and I could not rockthevote. It is a bad enough problem that I went ahead and prepared a modified version of Deagles' Map Manager v3.24 which only includes a fix to allow voting with no time limit. In my opinion, you guys shouldn't have to wait for v3.25 to make your servers (more) playable. So, here it is, just for you guys:

deagsmapmanager-324svn-mp_timelimit_fix.zip

If you're able to compile on your machine, all you need is the deagsmapmanager.sma file. I included the compiled version just in case, but you shouldn't trust pre-compiled versions of any plugin. You never know if there is something extra in there that isn't in the source code. Here are the MD5 sums for the two files:

Code:
8c18420a4d043b5535e5665f5abea1f5  deagsmapmanager.amxx
e7c980692bbe20114a8069a189450372  deagsmapmanager.sma
The attachment feature on your forum was not working so I just uploaded the zip file to my website.

Oh, one last thing.. Adding a FastDL server would really benefit players, especially new ones who don't have any of the models yet. I had to wait at least 20 minutes before I could actually get into a map.

--
Andy

DynamicBits

May 9, 2012
dynamicbits.com
Credits
I'm not sure what happened to my last post, but this is an update of that one.

I appreciate you updating your Sven Co-op server to use the modified version of Deagles' Map Manager that I linked to. While playing on your server, I realized that the problem was only partially fixed. Your server has a slightly different configuration than mine, and this difference is what mattered.

Anyway, I found two more places in the code that didn't properly handle mp_timelimit being 0. I'm hoping that this corrected version of the plugin puts an end to players being trapped in a certain map while playing Sven Co-op.

While I did create this version specifically to address a problem that was reported to occur with Sven Co-op on your servers, anyone who wishes to can use this until Deagles' Map Manager v3.25 is released. It isn't a secret version. Please don't feel the need to remove this post once you have updated your server.

As always, please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or comments. I am subscribed to this thread as well.

--
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)