C7 Commander
Minecraft Builders
Top Poster Of Month
Feb 25, 2003
United States
www.cozworld.com
Profile Music
Steam
I am sure many of those laws had been removed ages ago or they are considered unconstitutional now just maybe someone forgot to remove them as I have seen law books from Ohio that are like 50 600 page books full of anything ungodly thing known to man!~

Grey

C7 OFFICER
Minecraft Builders
Dec 31, 1969
Utah, USA.
Actually, not many laws are off of the book. Law Enforcement just doesn't enforce them. I would know.

CoZmicShReddeR

Staff member
C7 Commander
Minecraft Builders
Top Poster Of Month
Feb 25, 2003
United States
www.cozworld.com
Profile Music
Steam
Actually, not many laws are off of the book. Law Enforcement just doesn't enforce them. I would know.
No Offense but I do not think Law enforcement has a list of 9 million laws throughout the Country as all of those laws are different from Stats to State, City to city and many of them listed on that website are not found in a police station more or less they are in these huge books you find in a District Law Library but I could be wrong... for many years and many years to come Lawyers and Prosecutors will and have used them against people and the state...

And everyone knows even you're Pop that there is always one Barney Fife somewhere who would be writing thickets left and right if he had easy access or a list of all of those ridicules laws! I know because I was pulled over once for using a semi tinted license plate cover and by the same officer I was pulled over once for hanging an air Freshener on my Rear view mirror this was by a guy new on the force and I was told he was told many times to following protocol by a friend of mine who worked on the force even though it is probably a Misdemeanor and I am sure obstructing your view while driving is against the law but when you see 9 million people driving down the road doing the same thing on the same road and only one officer is caring and enforcing it then eventually I am sure he will draw negative attention to himself on the force! Anyways he just gave me warnings might have been my high school buddies setting me up as many are Cops in my home town here but either way if you told a Police officer to take all those laws and Enforce them not just the ones I mentioned above but anything from 1890 to 2010 then you would see nobody on the road or walking on the sidewalks...

Grey

C7 OFFICER
Minecraft Builders
Dec 31, 1969
Utah, USA.
No Offense but I do not think Law enforcement has a list of 9 million laws throughout the Country as all of those laws are different from Stats to State, City to city and many of them listed on that website are not found in a police station more or less they are in these huge books you find in a District Law Library but I could be wrong... for many years and many years to come Lawyers and Prosecutors will and have used them against people and the state...

And everyone knows even you're Pop that there is always one Barney Fife somewhere who would be writing thickets left and right if he had easy access or a list of all of those ridicules laws! I know because I was pulled over once for using a semi tinted license plate cover and by the same officer I was pulled over once for hanging an air Freshener on my Rear view mirror this was by a guy new on the force and I was told he was told many times to following protocol by a friend of mine who worked on the force even though it is probably a Misdemeanor and I am sure obstructing your view while driving is against the law but when you see 9 million people driving down the road doing the same thing on the same road and only one officer is caring and enforcing it then eventually I am sure he will draw negative attention to himself on the force! Anyways he just gave me warnings might have been my high school buddies setting me up as many are Cops in my home town here but either way if you told a Police officer to take all those laws and Enforce them not just the ones I mentioned above but anything from 1890 to 2010 then you would see nobody on the road or walking on the sidewalks...

Hey Coz?Not everyone is out to get you. Rookies are heavily watched like fresh meat in a ring of hungry dogs, so protocol is racing through their heads every minute they?re on duty; otherwise, boom. They hit a mine with their work (be it inter-police policy breach, or failure to follow approved techniques regarding police procedure in relevance to the Bill of Rights), that would be all she wrote.

Not to mention, there are regulations that each car on the road must pass. You wouldn?t believe the amount of vehicle customizations that are illegal. Tints are tricky and mostly illegal based on what kind of tint, and how dark it is. You were pulled over for a valid cause in the eye of the officer (sorry to say, but true), and were quite lucky to get off with a warning.

As for the fact of being pulled over a second time, by the same officer, for a violation of having your air freshener hanging on your rear view mirror, I?ve never heard of a more stupid reason to pull someone over. Now this could have been an act to create humor out of a clearly stressful situation (a fail attempt on their part). I agree with you completely here.

In response to the conditional reasoning quote:

?If you told a Police officer to take all those laws and Enforce them not just the ones I mentioned above but anything from 1890 to 2010 then you would see nobody on the road or walking on the sidewalks...?

It is mentally impossible for a police officer to memorize EVERY law from 1890 to 2010. The list is astronomical. Therefore, they are given a book of the larger offenses, to memorize and become familiar with, that should be enforced, leaving the smaller ones to rot in the gigantic books of the District Law Library?Until the case should arise that a lawyer is desperate to find offenses, or defenses. No matter how small they appear to be.

(At least I know my writing and debate skills have not fallen through the cracks in the floor boards, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)