UNBANNED Unban Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofa

Dec 31, 1969
Okay, to start off with, I was banned for, "Calling Admins Hitler, Mic Spam, and Disrespect"

So I was in the Zombie Master server, on the map ship, just playing, nothing out of the ordinary. So as the ship starts sinking, I play the Titanic music, I figured it fit in well with the whole scenario. So the Admin (Sythe-something) asks me to stop playing the music, so I stopped it, and responded with, "You know you can just mute me from player list and we can all be happy?" I get a reply from Sythe over his mic, "How about I just ban you?" Unreasonable? In my opinion, yes, seeing as all you have to do is click a few things and you don't have to hear it, but okay, I stopped.

The next time the ship started sinking, people were asking me to play the Titanic music again, as most of them enjoyed it, and I responded to one of them, as a joke, "Sorry, Hitler says I can't play you any music." I figured Sythe would take it as a joke, "Ha ha," and get on with playing. Sythe said something like, "We won't be seeing you here again, Goofa." Well I guess that means he didn't take it as a joke. So the map changes, and I get a big, YOU'RE BANNED, message, and that brings us to now.

So while I may not have made the BEST choice, I did not intend any disrespect to the admin, and I surely did not "Spam the mic," as everybody was enjoying it, except Sythe, who could have easily just muted me and kept on playing. Like I said before, yes, in a sense I called him Hitler, but it was also meant with no disrespect.
So I guess the decision is yours, I hope you can see this with an unbiased opinion and allow me to continue playing on the C7 servers, as I greatly enjoy the server.

~ Goofa

HumeDog

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Nebraska
First off, your only allowed to play music when you have an administrators' permission. Which you apparently didn't ask for. Second, saying that you didn't mean disrespect when you called Sytheknight "Hitler" is total b.s. That isn't only disrespectful, but also discriminatory. It doesn't matter what the other players say, if an admin tells you not to play music, then you DON'T play music. Let this be a lesson to you to not only be a better player, but maybe a better person. Even though I doubt that.

CoZmicShReddeR

Staff member
C7 Commander
Minecraft Builders
Top Poster Of Month
Feb 25, 2003
United States
www.cozworld.com
Profile Music
Steam
Well Goofa I hope this wasn't to bad an experience for you as if you were an admin on my server I would expect you to be tuff enough to maintain the servers the way I instructed HumeDog!

Please learn that when an admin is on the server it is safe for all and that if a admin should be abusive or over bearing you may contact me personally and I will resolve the issue as best I can but if you out right were disrespectful to the admin you asked for what you received!

BioHazard

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Ishpeming, MI, USA
Well on the topic of how we should use mics for music, ask the highest ranking admin on the server at the time. Make sure it's "Safe For Work" and that the other players want it. If you wish to see the ranks of our members I'm sure we have a link on our site.

What the admin did was a little brief. He is a great admin, I've known him for a while, but he should have told you first that we only allow music if our admins, and the people, in that order agree that it's okay. And he couldn't simply "mute you". As an admin he must do his duty and follow the rules and enforce them. And one of the main reasons we have that rule is because other players might start to "spam the mic" with songs, and before you know it you cannot understand anything and it's very irritating.

Now for the topic of how you made that joke. Joke or not we do not allow discrimination of any kind. Not that we don't enjoy a joke of that sort from time to time, but it seems once one person does it, everyone starts to. Getting worse by each joke and/or comment. Just like the music. If this is exactly how it went like you said. Then I hope your ban wasn't too long. Should have been a 60 min ban at tops. But if not, and you are lying to us, then you deserved it. Just so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)