Visited hospital today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 1969
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
You've probably heard me talk about me having back problems since 3 weeks to a month ago like not being able to bend over to reach something, but today some kid at school bumped into me and guess what. I FELL. I fell on my side and a Jarred (expression) my spine. so I was lying there. then I was taken to the hospital.

Laugh at me if you want i honestly don't care :p

Any questions?

Dec 31, 1969
USA, MI
LightBlade005";p="6944 said:
You've probably heard me talk about me having back problems since 3 weeks to a month ago like not being able to bend over to reach something, but today some kid at school bumped into me and guess what. I FELL. I fell on my side and a Jarred (expression) my spine. so I was lying there. then I was taken to the hospital.

Any questions?
-Message has been edited by moderator
-Reason: Keep it clean please. We do have a fairly large young age demographic here.

Drak: You used the word 'demographic' incorrectly.

ChuRch

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
New York
flounderpounder.proboards82.com
LOL Drak. Sorry to hear that pal. I hope the best for you. I know how it feels to get rushed to the hospital. =( It truly sucks. Get better pal see you soon I hope. =)

Eye4NEye

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Virginia, USA
gamehelix.googlepages.com
SytheKnight";p="6968 said:
You just better hope you didn't get a fractured disc.
you don't fracture discs, because they aren't bone, but you can tear an annulus (the material around the disc that holds the fluid in) think of a disc as a liquid gel cap. the annulus would be the outer portion and the disc material would be the liquid inside. tear the outer portion (also called a "ruptured" or "herniated" disc) and the material pours out into the spinal column. often it presses on nerve trunks (causing pain) or causes two vertebrae to rub together (again causing pain). also the disc material is a nerve irritant!!! (poor design there hahaha) when the disc material touches nerves it irritates them and causes inflammation. often a few spine injections (epidural or root blocks) will make the inflammation go down and allow you to recover with LOTS of rest.

take it from me, light. i've been battling a ruptured L5/S1 disc for over a year and half now. it's been a long slow painful process to recovery. if you are having real issues, go see a real spine doc. general practitioners (like your family doc) are NOT equipped to handle spine issues. they will usually take an x-ray (which shows NOTHING because discs do NOT show up on x-ray film) and give you some anti-inflammatories which is another bad decision. you take the anti-inflammatories and it makes you feel better so you move around too much and do more damage in the long run.

my suggestion is to take a long rest from activities. avoid bending over and twisting (especially both at the same time!!!) and if it's not better in a few weeks definitely see a spine doc.

Dec 31, 1969
USA, MI
Drak";p="6946 said:
[quote="LightBlade005";p="6944":9ldpjedl]You've probably heard me talk about me having back problems since 3 weeks to a month ago like not being able to bend over to reach something, but today some kid at school bumped into me and guess what. I FELL. I fell on my side and a Jarred (expression) my spine. so I was lying there. then I was taken to the hospital.

Any questions?
-Message has been edited by moderator
-Reason: Keep it clean please. We do have a fairly large young age demographic here.

Drak: You used the word 'demographic' incorrectly.[/quote:9ldpjedl]
Lol.

Dec 31, 1969
northern ireland
man thats unlucky, the same thing happened to my old man, only he tore a disk and he hasnt been right since (8 years ago)

Dec 31, 1969
Cumbria, UK.
Steam
Get well soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)