w_ model or p_ model

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarNut57

Dec 31, 1969
California, US
Hello

This is the quickest question/post I have ever made but I really need to know this.
I understand that the w_ weapons model is the model laying on the ground, but can it determine the weapons being held by an NPC or does the p_ model determine that?

SytheKnight

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Pensacola, Florida. USA.
If I'm not mistaken there should also be a V_model as well. that is probably the reason why you can't see weapons held by others.

StarNut57

StarNut57

Dec 31, 1969
California, US
The v_ model is the one held by the player in first person mode, what I mean is does the w_ model cover both NPC and third person player weapons?

Drak

Dec 31, 1969
USA, MI
StarNut57";p="4580 said:
The v_ model is the one held by the player in first person mode, what I mean is does the w_ model cover both NPC and third person player weapons?
No, the "p" model is the model held in the players/NPC hands.

Rapier_21

Dec 31, 1969
Leavenworth, KS
They "Fixed" that in Source; the W model is used for the P model in that, but it gets really laggy if you have 10+ guys running around with 12,000 poly rifles and stuff.

I like the way half-life does it, myself, because all I use are the v models.

Dec 31, 1969
USA, MI
Rapier_21";p="4596 said:
They "Fixed" that in Source; the W model is used for the P model in that, but it gets really laggy if you have 10+ guys running around with 12,000 poly rifles and stuff.

I like the way half-life does it, myself, because all I use are the v models.
I'm not so sure about the "gets really laggy if you have 10+ guys running around with 12,000 poly rifles and stuff."
They fixed this by adding LOD to the "w' models.

Dec 31, 1969
Carlsbad, New Mexico
V_model: first person view of the model
W_model: Ground model
P_model: the model you see being help by another player

If you want a different gun model for npc, you need to edit it, download another npc model, because there is no weapon model thats separate for the npc, its bundled with the body of the model, so yea.

XELX

Steam Users
May 6, 2010
NY
W_MODEL is world
P_MODEL is player
V_MODEL now that's just your vison

WORLD VISION PLAYER just remember those, anyone who is having trouble with this.

your V_model might be diffrent from your P_model you must find a model set for a skin so it will look good and cool.

Every model can be diffrent it's just if it's a spas shotgun as a v_model and a default half-life shotgun with W_model it will still work just it will look like a half-life shotgun on the floor.

and that's all to it...

EL..

Drak

Dec 31, 1969
USA, MI
Locked. He got the info he needed. And this is hella old topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)