Well this sucks...

Dec 31, 1969
St Augustine Florida
Well, those of you that I regularly chat with on vent know i have horrible luck with headsets. Well today, COMPLETELY RANDOMLY, my newer headset died on me. I'm incredibly pissed, obviously. It detects the headset fine, but I have no sound coming out of it. It doesnt appear to be picking up my voice either. I hate to game without a headset, so I'm outta commission for a while. Unless someone has some suggestions on how to fix this thing, which I'll gladly take any advice short of applying a hammer to it, the thing seems fried and I guess I'm going for another new one...I feel like punching a kitten >_>

Dec 31, 1969
-snip-

Einhander

C7 LEADER
Minecraft Builders
Steam Users
Jan 3, 2007
PA, US.
www.cozworld.com
plug it in moron

capgun
Dec 31, 1969
St Augustine Florida
....I knew that much. Its been plugged in, its detected. I test it, No sound. Woo. Fun(fires a kitten out of a cannon)

Dec 31, 1969
-snip-

capgun
Dec 31, 1969
St Augustine Florida
Yeah..I'm gonna try to get out tomorrow and get a new set. But I doubt it. I'm so annoyed at this thing I'm probabbly gonna tinker with it somemore before I give up on it.(fires a kitten out of a catapult)...

Dec 31, 1969
Jacksonville, Florida
Sorry to hear about your headset, as finding a good one that works properly is really hard, I wish you good luck with that. But as to your kitten problem, you're thinking too small, my friend. Watch this.*goes to the pound, grabs a bunch of kittens, straps each one to an airstike missle...presses launch* FLYING, FLAMING KITTENS OF DOOM!!! KMD's (kittens of mass destruction)The K Bomb, thousands of kitten slaying techniques since 1990. (Insert Dr. Evil laugh here)

Dec 31, 1969
-Snip-

capgun
Dec 31, 1969
St Augustine Florida
Well, I have a habit of running over the headset wires with my chair and they often get tangled in it, but thats never caused serious damage(except for that one time it was wrapped around the arm of the chair, my mom knocked on the door which spooked me. I tried to get up and ended up yanking the wire clear out of the jack -_-). This one was fairly knew. The company is Altec Lansing. Since I cant see any external damage, and I have a decent idea how to open it, I'm gonna try opening it up and seeing if anything got disconnected on the inside.

..And for death's sake(puts a kitten in a rocket launcher and fires it into the stratosphere)

capgun
Dec 31, 1969
St Augustine Florida
Well, double post cause I got decent news. Couldnt get a new headset on sunday, so its off for another week. Good news is that, I plugged my rock band guitar into the computer, then plugged the headset into the guitar. And it worked. The sound quality is horrible, but at least I have sound. I'll try to get on vent tomorrow to see how it goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)