• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney99

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Long Island, Ny USA
www.moddb.com
A poll to find out about peoples views about the crisis in iraq.

BioHazard

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Ishpeming, MI, USA
I for one think this war should never even have happened. It's not even a war. It's more of a damn police action that it taken place there. We are just sending troops in Iraq so their government can get their crap together. Their army is more of a big riot. And I for one, say that we should just end this and leave their selfs to blow them selfs up. Sorry to sound harsh. But it's something we don't need to stick our nose in. Yeah 9/11 happened. It was tragic. And I know we lost many loved ones. Doesn't mean we need to make a full blown war about it. I think we just acted too quick and were not thinking clearly. I hope it ends soon. But then again, it might never end. Seems when we get the main guy another one pops up and takes his place. But, I don't know how this war will end. No one knows for sure. Just a bunch of rumors... And I am deeply sorry if anyone is offended by what I just said here. Just my opinion, doesn't mean you need to agree to it.

Dec 31, 1969
Cumbria, UK.
Steam
WAR IS HELL it dose not matter who side you are on.
EVERYONE loses.

Barney99

Barney99

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Long Island, Ny USA
www.moddb.com
This struggle in iraq will not end ANYTIME soon if the next president wants to totally eradicate the insurgency going on in iraq. In my opinion, unless we totally wipe out everyone there will always be an insurgency going on and people will always be fighting in that place. We wiped out Iraqs army within the first month of the war so we really arnt in a war right now. But the president feels that we should restore order over there and i think the same thing. Iraq doesnt have a stable government yet until the insurgency is gone. Also, the people who havnt done anything over there are unprotected by a good police force, so i think we should be doing something to help. And the threat of terrorism is also another reason we are over there. Most people in iraq HATE us and if we pull out and a group of insurgents take over while we are gone, we might have another 9/11 over here.

Thats just my opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Eye4NEye

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Virginia, USA
gamehelix.googlepages.com
I have a really torn view on this. I am in favor and against at the same time. Did we go in under somewhat false pretenses? Maybe. Did the VP's connection with Halliburton affect our dicision to go to war? I think there is a strong possibility. The reality now is that it's there and it's happening. Regardless of the politics, I support the troops that are there and what they are fighting for. I don't have to agree with the war, but I WILL NOT turn my back on those who are duty bound to actively participate by risking their lives.

On the Team America: World Police view, it does seem like we try to police the entire world at times, but not all bad comes of it. For one, my wife. If not for the Vietnam war, I would never have met her, hell she might have never been born. Her parents fled a military base at the last minute literally as the communist were swarming in. They were able to keep their entire family in tact...not many Vietnamese families that fled during that time can say that. If not for the American soldiers that were there, they probably would never have made it out alive. So can I say that nothing good can come of war? No. A lot of bad comes with it, but a lot of people can and were saved at the same time and are now living free and participating in this huge melting pot we call America.

ShutUp9100

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Weston, Wisconsin
Being a hippie I am against the war I have been against the war since it began, I believe that bush hasn't really been elected in the first place really.

ChuRch

Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
New York
flounderpounder.proboards82.com
Ok I want this terrorist crap to end. But I don't want anymore of our men dying. I would of joined the navy but this war is going on. So I want this war to END NOW!!!

Dec 31, 1969
Ionia, MI
Disclaimer-I don't consider myself an expert on this issue, but here are my views on it. I appologize in advance for any offense some may take from it:

In my opinion, the war on terror is a war that is never going to end. As someone mentioned early, anytime we take a terrorist in power out, there's always someone to imidiatly replace them and we end up right back where we started. It's a war that can only be fought defensivly. The last 6 years are proof.

On Iraq, it's a war that should have ended a long time ago. Just about everything that could go wrong has. The Iraqi government is refusing to step up and take the weight of our troops shoulders. They are pretty much just using us, and when that results in some dozens of deaths every day (I don't know exact body counts, I quit paying attension to that a long time ago because it brings too much pain), that's where we've gotta draw the line.

That and the fact that Iraq never really threatened our freedom to begin has me against the war. I'm not against the troops, never have been and never will be. I still pray everynight that they can come home soon and not have to give their lives for, what I feel to be, a worthless cause.

We just need to set a dead line to pull out and stick to it. That's the only way I see the Iraq situation getting solved. Obvioulsy, what we're doing now isn't working. We're spending so much money and resourses in Iraq that it's starting to hurt the stability of the nation's economy, and has been for a while.

I realize that we are doing many people in Iraq a service by being there and protecting them, but from what I've seen, its almost put them worse off.

If you think of all the time, money and effort that's been put into the war, you start thinking of how much that could have helped places that really need and would appriciate it, like Africa, or New Orleans...
I don't know. It's just a tough issue to take sides on. I could go on for days about it, but I think I'll just stop here.

Chronix

Dec 31, 1969
Plano ,TX
HA! "War on Terror" My Ass! i think i may be exaggerating just a whee bit but it isn't really a war, like Biohazard said, it's more of a police action. just because the US happens to be a super power doesn't mean they should f'ing walking around policing the f'ing world thinking that every person who says "I don't like what america is doing" is a f'ing US hating communist or somthing. it just means that the people who say that are a little bit more intelligent than the people who say that you are a terrorist for being muslim or wearing one of those head rag thingies ( i can't recall what they are called ). this whole situation kinda reminds me of that whole McCarther thing during the Cold War.

Uh-oh im ranting. heh heh whoops. i think i may have exaggerated a bit too much but i think i got my point across.

We should stop wasting our resources and put them to better use. "on what" you may ask, i don't really know but somthing that would help our country.

btw i'm not triing to be an ass or anything but why are we having a political discussion in a gaming forum.

Also i am not one who usually takes part in political discussion but this one happened to catch my eye.

HEy barney99, i wonder, did someone put you up to this or did you do it out of curiosity?

I meant no offense with this post but if you happen to tke offense, i apologise but keep in mind that this is a forum and we can our ideas freely upon this matter, so don't be one of those stupid pricks who get offended by every thing they see, hear, smell, etc. that they don't agree with, OR SO HELP ME [insert deity here] I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND TELL YOU MY SELF THAT YOU SHOULDN'T BE SUCH A PRICK AND BE OFFENDED BY EVERYTHING YOU DISAGREE WITH.

LOL with my sense of direction i would have to have a f'ing GPS do-dad to find someone who might be half way around the country.

ShadWolf

Steam Users
Dec 10, 2005
Chicago, IL
Im against it. War is over. I know they are trying to help but to many soldiers are being killed in Iraq. Its time call them back home. They're sending my brother to Iraq this sunday. :(

Dec 31, 1969
Avoca, NY
Steam
dude man sorry about your brother it most be hard ?:( ? i think we should pull out and see how they do on there own for a while and if they cant do it on there own then send ?some help but what we have over there now is crazy that is way to many soldiers.

Taininfernus

C7 LEADER
Minecraft Builders
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Fairfax, Va
theburgeoningskeptic.blogspot.com
Eye4NEye";p="6892 said:
Regardless of the politics, I support the troops that are there and what they are fighting for. I don't have to agree with the war, but I WILL NOT turn my back on those who are duty bound to actively participate by risking their lives.
F***in A!
No matter what your views on the war, you can't morally turn your back on the soldiers.

And about the "police action". ?The last war America fought was World War 2. ?Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War, and Iraq are ALL the same implementation. ?Congress doesn't declare war but they give the President a "blank check", which basically states that he can allocate a certain amount of troops/money until the crisis is abated or he otherwise decides to terminate the action.
Technically, these were all "conflicts".
The last time Congress declared war was on December 8th, 1941, the day after Pearl Harbor.
The fact that it's a police action is irrelevant, what matters is the politics. ?Is this a bid for oil? A fight against terrorism (bad idea)? An altruistic pursuit?

Sorry to hear about your brother. ?I hope he does well. ?I know a guy over there right now that I'm communicating with. ?I've also talked with a couple of Marines who have been there, my brother's friends. ?I have mixed feelings about it. ?I feel that no serviceman should have to serve an excessive deployment period. This thing about men and women being called back for second and third and fourth consecutive periods is bullshit on the highest level. ?They've served, they need R&R and damn it we have people to replace them while they recuperate. ?Having to stay there even 1 month beyond your term is unreasonable unless there is a full-blown invasion or major incursion that requires immediate action.

"On the shore, dimly seen thro

ThE_WeeKinG

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Skarpnäck, Sweden
Many people who have not experienced war usually say it's not too bad, because they give you food. I for one have not experienced war. But I'm not in favor of seeing my comrades fall in battle. I'd rather hang myself. Not that there's much of an army to join in Sweden. When your friends/relatives get sent to a war, it suddenly gets more personal. As of the war in Iraq, it's not really a war. It's more of a rush to the oil, because as many of you may know fossil fuels are running out. It's a major concern to all of us. The American government decided that they needed oil. So they rushed for it. Calling it "Weapons of mass destruction". That's just what I think. Don't let my opinion rule your day.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother Shad' we all hope he'll be home fine for your sake.

Marthicus

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Dec 31, 1969
Melbourne, Vic, Australia
I know the only reason Australia is in the Iraq war is to help with the ties between allied countries (make us look better). As for the war, i agree with what DarkOne said, 'War is war, both sides lose' or something. He basically hit the nail on the head there. We all made the situation in Iraq worse with our presence. But then we still need troops there to control the area and create a better sociaty for the people there.... but there's one thing wrong.... will america want to control it? and even if they dont, they will always have some sort of hold on the country, and thats just not right. Look at Germany in World War 1, the Kaiser didnt even want a freaking war but because of relations with Austria and that other place (>_>') they were forced in, and then the freaking Kaizer got excited, America declared it was Germany's fault, they had to pay money right up until the great depression, and BAM!... Hitler.

So will Iraq and such have to pay money? Or maybe pay them in oil? This is how i view the situation and i have no clue wtf has happened.... im only good at past wars and history >_>.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)