Your plans when the Survival server is launched, October 31st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raserisk

C7 GRUNTS
Minecraft Builders
Apr 7, 2010
Shepherdsville, Kentucky - United States
This is a thread for everyone to post their goals, hopes, or perhaps dreams when the 31st update comes out and we launch the new server.

Personally, I plan to build a huge fort, either medieval century design or American 19th century (civil war) design. Hopefully we establish settlements quickly so we can get some sort of system going.

I thought of trying to re-create the city I built on the current server but realize now that it's logically and practically not needed / waste of time at the moment.

Afterwards or somewhere in between all this I would like to construct portals to hell and make a foothold there.

How about you guys? :-D

Last edited:

MasterMorse

Minecraft Builders
Oct 21, 2010
Ohio
Count me in! A foothold in Hell opens many possibilities. Perhaps a Transit System of some sort.

Lets see, my goals are...
1. Build a house and establish a base of operations.
2. Set up some sort of business. (Perhaps trades of a sort.)
3. Explore the vast world and all of its wonders! (Using corridors of darkness of course :-D)
4. I figure the rest out as I go!

EDIT:
Anyone know/have an idea on how we are to get these portals up and running?

EDIT THE SECOND:
I realized a bit later that I would also like to establish my own country, far across the ocean. :-D

Last edited:

Warramir

C7 GRUNTS
Minecraft Builders
Dec 11, 2009
Amsterdam
Steam
first i would make a house, then a tower, then combine it in a keep/castle.

While doing that i ll make a huge mine.

After that it is about making roads and safehouses.

L_Thody

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Sep 26, 2010
Fargo, North Dakota
im going to build a small house to keep my stuff in and keep me safe at night and during the day i will be a slave to whoever is on and needs my help =)

MasterMorse

Minecraft Builders
Oct 21, 2010
Ohio
im going to build a small house to keep my stuff in and keep me safe at night and during the day i will be a slave to whoever is on and needs my help =)
I think you and me are going to spending a lot of time together... :-D

Raserisk

Raserisk

C7 GRUNTS
Minecraft Builders
Apr 7, 2010
Technically at the moment it's unsure if we will be able to build our own portals, but there are hints that we will be able to.

Roads will be key, I built the first network on roads on our current server, 4 wide seems to be good.

A quicker form of transportation from settlement to settlement would be a Minecart Transit system that would function like a train...But this would take more time to set up, and if one of the rails gets destroyed that could be catastrophic xD

L_Thody

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Sep 26, 2010
Fargo, North Dakota
can u do mine carts on servers? ive tired it b4 but maybe that server just had it blocked but thats an amazing idea!

MasterMorse

Minecraft Builders
Oct 21, 2010
Ohio
Technically at the moment it's unsure if we will be able to build our own portals, but there are hints that we will be able to.

Roads will be key, I built the first network on roads on our current server, 4 wide seems to be good.

A quicker form of transportation from settlement to settlement would be a Minecart Transit system that would function like a train...But this would take more time to set up, and if one of the rails gets destroyed that could be catastrophic xD
So in other words, POP goes the mine cart. :-|

If portals become buildable, how do you suppose we would do it? Special stones or maybe a craftable archway?

Raserisk

Raserisk

C7 GRUNTS
Minecraft Builders
Apr 7, 2010
No minecarts don't work in SMP, and they might not even be fixed with the 31st update but I hope they are!

Not sure honestly...I would go with a craftable archway, maybe 6 blocks high? I think he said that we won't need obsidian at least, thank god because that stuff is such a bitch to mine. One thing that I'm SURE won't happen but would be chaotic is if we open up a portal, that monsters from Hell would flow through to the normal world :X

The thing about portals to Hell reminds me sooo much of when I used to play WoW and the Burning Crusade expansion came out in 2007, both the Alliance and Horde were forced to go into the portal into "Hell" (Draenor for you wow geeks) and establish footholds, reclaim territory and so forth.

MasterMorse

Minecraft Builders
Oct 21, 2010
Ohio
I'm a total WoW geek! In fact Draenor (I usually refer to it as Outland) is my all-time favorite place to hang out, quest, and grind. And I totally agree, an invasion from hell (DOOM anyone?) would be downright horrible. Not to mention the crash in property value. :-D

EDIT:
I actually joined the COZ World Minecraft server earlier today. I was disappointed to see I had little privileges in the realm of resource gathering and building. Though I was impressed by the magnificent architecture.

Last edited:
Raserisk

Raserisk

C7 GRUNTS
Minecraft Builders
Apr 7, 2010
I forgot to ask if you already checked out the server but that has been taken care of now.

Yes, the server isn't white listed, but we have groups of access. Random/new players that join the server cannot build or destroy anything to prevent griefing. Participating with us, getting to know us, will get you rewards. Currently our clan leader is off on a trip in Chicago, not sure if he will be back this weekend or next week.

Getting on teamspeak and hanging out with us, would be tight as well :)

Edit: After checking out the minecraft fourms and pc gamer interview, it appears that the portals will be made out of or partially obsidian. Shit.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/10/22/minecraft-halloween-update-preview-meet-the-ghasts/

Last edited:

MasterMorse

Minecraft Builders
Oct 21, 2010
Ohio
I just read. :cry:

Were in Notch's green earth are we going to find Obsidian? Doesn't it require at least a diamond pickaxe to mine effectively? It sounds like getting to Hell isn't going to be quite as easy as I thought.

And dear God the Ghasts... 8-O

EDIT:
I also have a bit of a problem... When I joined the server I proceeded to explore every nook and cranny I could, In an effort to discover possible points of interest to me and others. Unfortunately, I went down into a mine shaft and stupidly jumped off into the darkness. Now I'm stuck...

Is there any way to get back above ground? :oops:

Last edited:
Raserisk

Raserisk

C7 GRUNTS
Minecraft Builders
Apr 7, 2010
All we need is to find a lava pool, and place water in, to create obsidian. Yeah a diamond pick will get the job done but it takes forever...like 30 seconds?

Type /home

I think that will send you back to spawn. Or you know, get on teamspeak and ask for help.

MasterMorse

Minecraft Builders
Oct 21, 2010
Ohio
Or you know, get on teamspeak and ask for help.
Does teamspeak require a microphone, because I don't have one and my mother won't let me have one. :cry:

Dec 31, 1969
Cumbria, UK.
Steam
Well that might be a problem

MasterMorse

Minecraft Builders
Oct 21, 2010
Ohio
My plans are to trip Raserisk and run like hell!
I lol'd.

How exactly do I go about becoming a part of the community? I think you guys are nice and would really like to help out as much as I can. :-D

Raserisk

Raserisk

C7 GRUNTS
Minecraft Builders
Apr 7, 2010
Teamspeak is your best bet, having a mic would be amazing.

Playing on our Servers for all our games. I trust you that our servers are some of the best out there, we take good care of our stuff.

Getting back on topic, I will probably start drawing up some blueprints of my fort. Considering we need obsidian and fire to make portals, that will become one of my priorities to achieve

L_Thody

C7 GRUNTS
Steam Users
Sep 26, 2010
Fargo, North Dakota
and raserisk i will be ur slave =) as long as i get some kind of shack on ur property or a room in one of ur house or barn at least..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)